• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Yamaha Tenere 700

My post is simply a quote and I also included it's source. I have no idea one way or another.

Kind of like election predictions

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

The pumkin leaves at midnight.
Oh Woe is Yamaha...woe

Almost makes me wanna sell the Ten...cuz of their marketing stupidity

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk
It wont turn me away from a used one in 10 years

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yamaha Motor Europe (YME) today introduced the all-new 700 Adventure Touring motorcycle during an exclusive press conference in Milan, Italy, and Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. (YMUS) announced that this exciting all-new motorcycle would also be produced for the U.S. market. Production for the European model will take place in France, while production for the U.S. model will take place at Yamaha’s factory in Japan. Due to differing government regulatory standards and factory production line schedules, the all-new Ténéré 700 is scheduled to arrive at U.S. dealerships in the second half of 2020.

And another insult

Rennie Scaysbrook | November 5, 2018
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 First Look—You know those times when you were a kid and you knew your parents were finally going to get you that present you always wanted? That was the level of anticipation American ADV riders felt this morning as they watched the international unveiling of the Yamaha Tenere 700 adventure motorcycle at EICMA in Milan, only to find out the U.S. will not be seeing the motorcycle until the second half of 2020, as a 2021 model.

It was the moment American ADV riders found out Santa was not real.

I look on the bright side , at least it wasn't changed for the production model, and at least they set a date for America. By that time I may not even be interested anymore. Way to go Yahama :thumbd:

xladvFirst look at the new 790 ADV! From #eicma2018 They’re saying 189kg dry!!! That’s 417 lbs. #Repost @lennart.andreas with more
lennart.andreas189kg dry ������

xladvFirst look at the new 790 ADV! From #eicma2018 They’re saying 189kg dry!!! That’s 417 lbs. #Repost @lennart.andreas with more
lennart.andreas189kg dry ������

So maybe 440 wet? That's not bad at all.

KLR weight with triple the horsepower.

One report says it has a 5.3 gallon tank, so that would put it around 450-455 wet. Still really nice.

I'm leaning towards that still being heavy for size of bike and purpose, ,maybe just me. Really was hoping for 400 wet at worst.

There’s always the Orange alternative for those that don’t want to wait...

[ame="https://youtu.be/FcaWymGduOs"]2019 KTM 790 ADVENTURE R – ADVENTURE HARDER! | KTM - YouTube[/ame]

Neat video, only problem, those guys make all the big adventure bikes look like dirt bikes and it ain't so for this old man. Still that could be a very good choice.

I just hope someone makes a good looking high fender for the yamaha.

This is a bit disappointing but I still want a larger (powerful)bike with better off pavement cability.

Wet Weight*: 452 lbs (euro model)

Perhaps Honda will pop out a at 750 virtually overnight like the announcement of the crf450L.

I guess 2 cylinders will be inherently heavy to build at a decent marketable price.

Yamaha Tenere 700 Specs
Engine Type: 689cc liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 8 valves
Bore x Stroke: 80.0mm x 68.6mm
Compression Ratio: 11.5:1
Fuel Delivery: Fuel Injection
Power*: 72.4 HP (54 kW) @ 9000 rpm
Torque*: 50.2 ft-lbs (68 Nm) @ 6500 rpm
Transmission: 6-speed; wet multiplate clutch
Final Drive: Chain
Suspension/Front: 43mm inverted fork, fully-adjustable; 8.3-in travel
Suspension/Rear: Single shock, adjustable preload (w/remote adjuster) and rebound damping; 7.9-in travel
Brakes/Front: Dual 282mm hydraulic disc; selectable ABS
Brakes/Rear: 245mm hydraulic disc; selectable ABS
Tires/Front: 90/90R21 Pirelli® Scorpion® Rally STR
Tires/Rear: 150/70R18 Pirelli® Scorpion® Rally STR
L x W x H: TBD
Seat Height: 34.6 in
Wheelbase: 62.6 in
Rake (Caster Angle): TBD
Trail: TBD
Maximum Ground Clearance: 9.5 in
Fuel Capacity: 4.2 gal
Fuel Economy: TBD
Wet Weight*: 452 lbs (205 kg)
Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
Color: Ceramic Ice
Availability: Europe in second half of 2019; USA in second half of 2020.
* European model specs
Yamaha-Tenere-700-a.jpg

Last edited:
Wet Weight*: 452 lbs (euro model)

Perhaps Honda will pop out a at 750 virtually overnight like the announcement of the crf450L.

Engine Type: 689cc liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 8 valves
Power*: 72.4 HP (54 kW) @ 9000 rpm
Torque*: 50.2 ft-lbs (68 Nm) @ 6500 rpm
Brakes/Front: Dual 282mm hydraulic disc; selectable ABS
Brakes/Rear: 245mm hydraulic disc; selectable ABS
Tires/Front: 90/90R21 Pirelli® Scorpion® Rally STR
Tires/Rear: 150/70R18 Pirelli® Scorpion® Rally STR
Seat Height: 34.6 in
Maximum Ground Clearance: 9.5 in
Fuel Capacity: 4.2 gal

Seems like they could do an "Adventure Sports" version of the NC750X and match up those specs pretty easily. Might be a little heavier though.

But would either really be a major difference from a well-equipped V-Strom?

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like they could do an "Adventure Sports" version of the NC750X and match up those specs pretty easily. Might be a little heavier though.

But would either really be a major difference from a well-equipped V-Strom?

My "armored" 650strom is probably up to 515lbs and has poor ground clearence. But is certainly a capable moto

I like that 9inch ground clearance and 9 inches of suspension travel. Well see

I guess since the wait is over, at least for the Europeans, I will quit beating this dead horse topic.

:wave:

I'm alright with those specs. Since its blue

I'm alright with those specs.

Says the skinny youngster that makes my armored klr look nimble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh your wheelies weren’t that high [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back