• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Newbie from Austin, forced to post@gunpoint by Tourmeister

Ducatista

My Email is Dead!
Reaction score
:-D ... not really... but I figgered I might post anyway...

I live in South Austin which, to most Austinites, means I'm probably not all there... but oh well... live life to it's fullest!!!

Right now I'm not a Two Wheeled Texan... mainly because some schmuck driving a 2003 Ford F-350 Dually decided he wanted my parking spot more than I did and backed over my 7 day old 2003 SV650S in gorgeous copper... and totalled it... the worst part of this story is the guy told the cops, who got called by me while watching from my balcony (where's a camera when you need it?), that I put the bike there and it wasn't there when he pulled in... He was drunk off his ***... anyway... I'm not bitter... not at all... MotherF&*king CAGERS!!!... anyway... I feel I'm better off... Insurance is going to pick up the 6200 spent and return it to me... (much love@State Farm) which I will put down on a 2002 Ducati Monster 750s Senna... anyway... I've wasted enough of your time...

Oh yeah, if I had my first bike for 7 days... does this mean the Ducati is my second bike?

Welcome! Sorry to hear about the bike. I park mine in front of my own truck because I'm afraid of the same fate. At my old apartment I parked my bike under the stairwell outside my apartment because some jack@$$ backed into my truck. I had the truck parked where I was planning on parking the bike after I moved in. Scratch that. :x

I feel your pain. At least you didn't come out too bad on the deal. The monster should be a blast. :-D

God I hope it'll be better dharma... I can't park my bike under the stairwell at my aparment because they're Nazi's who think it looks bad to see a beautiful, clean, Ferrari-mystique holding motorcycle ulocked to an extra bannister that's under the stairwell for NO apparent reason...

Oh yeah... what makes the story better... was he said I actually PUT my bike under there and told him to back over it... well.. that's what his insurance company told me... :angryfir:

I guess we could always arrange for a cement truck to 'accidentally' back into his truck and 'accidentally' fill the bed with concrete. You know, he probably parks behind them all the time. :wink:

:eek: Man that suck with the SV man, I think I might have called the cops after I murdered the dude :biggun:

Welcome to the group anyway. I too live in Bubbaville (Convict Hill area) side of Austin. Maybe I will see ya 'round. I am usually heading out west for somesort of ride most weekends if your ever interested.

SVinAustin said:
:eek: Man that suck with the SV man, I think I might have called the cops after I murdered the dude :biggun:

Welcome to the group anyway. I too live in Bubbaville (Convict Hill area) side of Austin. Maybe I will see ya 'round. I am usually heading out west for somesort of ride most weekends if your ever interested.

I live in the SoCo area over by St. Edwards University. As soon as I get back onto 2 wheels I'd love to get together for a ride, as long as you don't make this newbie look too bad and give creative criticism.... lol

Welcome aboard Ducatista!

That's too bad about the Suzuki, but it sounds like you're going to come out ahead when it's all said and done. The Senna model is the one with the red wheels, right? Oooooo.... 8)

I used to own a '99 750SS, so if you have any questions about maintenance or mods, don't hesitate to ask; a lot of what applied to my bike will also apply to your 750 Monster.

scratch said:
Welcome aboard Ducatista!

That's too bad about the Suzuki, but it sounds like you're going to come out ahead when it's all said and done. The Senna model is the one with the red wheels, right? Oooooo.... 8)

I used to own a '99 750SS, so if you have any questions about maintenance or mods, don't hesitate to ask; a lot of what applied to my bike will also apply to your 750 Monster.

Thanks scratch.... and yes... The Senna has the Gray bodywork with the bright red dancing shoes...

And any help would be appreciated and your knowledge will more than likely be purged at least 1000 times...

:tab So...? Did you ever get the Ducati? Enquiring minds want to know! And we want pics too!

Adios,

Flattened SV

So, despite what the guy told the cops, did HIS insurance company pay for your damages?

Back