• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Roads to White Rock Rec Area in Arkansas

Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Wondering if anyone's ridden to this campground in Arkansas. I'm thinking of heading up there this week, and was curious if the roads leading to the park are just dirt or more or of the FWD variety. I ask because while there it should be dry, but looks like some rain the day prior potentially.

On a side note, weather looks good, so planning to camp there one night, Breakfast in Oark, then up towards Eurkeka Springs and back down through Jasper for lunch and camp a second night a little north of I40 at Ozone Rec Area. Home after that. Short trip, but It's the best I can do.

Wondering if anyone's ridden to this campground in Arkansas. I'm thinking of heading up there this week, and was curious if the roads leading to the park are just dirt or more or of the FWD variety. I ask because while there it should be dry, but looks like some rain the day prior potentially.

On a side note, weather looks good, so planning to camp there one night, Breakfast in Oark, then up towards Eurkeka Springs and back down through Jasper for lunch and camp a second night a little north of I40 at Ozone Rec Area. Home after that. Short trip, but It's the best I can do.

As for as I've traveled, the roads leading up to White Rock Mtn are typical forest service gravel roads; however, KevlarRyder John & I tried to ride up there 1-1/2 years ago (Sept.2011), but "turn-off" road to the Northwest/left (maybe County Road 76?) coming up from Shores Lake was closed due to damage from a tornado earlier that year. Surely it's open by now. :shrug:

Thanks for the info. I've not ventured too much off pavement in Arkansas so wasn't sure what to expect. In Texas for example, I always know what to expect of a dirt county road I see on a map, bust wasn't so sure about AR.

Come on up to the hillbilly ride in eureka springs this weekend. starts Thursday, but the main rides are Fri, and Sat. you can join in with 50 or more riders divided into smaller groups that will be riding the roads you want to be on. No fees, just a friendly group get together. camping about 1 mile away from our motel.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=868208 here is a link.

David h

Come on up to the hillbilly ride in eureka springs this weekend. starts Thursday, but the main rides are Fri, and Sat. you can join in with 50 or more riders divided into smaller groups that will be riding the roads you want to be on. No fees, just a friendly group get together. camping about 1 mile away from our motel.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=868208 here is a link.

David h

Wish I could. Looks like good times. Saturday is a work day for me, and this week is when I'll get my riding in. The cold and wet up that way may have me headed for the Hill Country this time around anyway. You should have a nice weekend weather wise.

Back