• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rainbow Trail - Salida Co.

_RG_

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Hey folks...need some advice and experience from those who've ridden this trail/area.

We'd like to ride the Rainbow trail near Salida. By other reports this is about three days worth of riding (200 miles) because of gas and access limitations. We'll be basing out of Salida and can easily access the trail by either the Bear Creek or Mears Junction trailheads. Looking at the current MVUM shows the trail heading either direction from both locations. What do you suggest as something close to a loop - Salida > RBT > Salida (using as much dirt as possible)? Any sections of the trail better than others?

Which other trails are worthy contenders in the area - that you recommend?

We'll have about 3-4 days to ride in this area...what are we overlooking?

./rg

I think Michael (Webnel) is putting together a group for this year. He explored some great looking forest last year north of Ouray - that we've never been in. Ping him and see where they're at on this trip.

Surely with as much fun as was had by the group last year at Ouray. There is going to be another gathering of TWTers this August. Has everyone already forgotten how miserable it is to ride in TX during this time? Once you ride Ouray in August, you may NEVER want to ride in the TX summer heat again. (OK I did reminisce about the TX heat last January, but only for a moment) I vote for a Ouray riders rendezvous sometime in the first half of Aug.

Back