Old 01-30-2004, 01:06 PM   #1
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

How to post pics, do quotes and other nerdy stuff

Howdy,

Since this is a recurring question I get, here is the answer

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5782

Adios,

Total Forum Supporter Donations For January: $539.51 - Previous Month: $933.06 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 139 Current Forum Supporters out of 20119 Users (0.69%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas

Last edited by Tourmeister; 11-18-2005 at 05:35 PM.
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:05 PM   #2
pooldoc

Re: How to post pics, do quotes and other nerdy stuff

ok..
whats the secret for doing color in the Sig?
pooldoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:09 PM   #3
Gilk51
Pie Man v2.0 (retired)
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooldoc View Post
ok..
whats the secret for doing color in the Sig?
You don't need color - the default color is black - your MC is black, so it's all OK from the start...

OK, OK, first, make sure you are using the right editor - go to "User CP (control panel)" and select "Edit Options" from the list on the left side.

Go all the way to the bottom and look for "Message Editor Interface" and select the "Standard Editor - Extra Formatting Controls". Then click the "Save Changes" button.

Now, when you edit a post (or youe signature), you will see more options, including which allows you to choose a color from the menu.

Hope that helps...
Gilk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 06:59 AM   #4
pooldoc

Helps tons....

Thankya
pooldoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:41 PM   #5
pacman

Rainbow text is cool..

...so is a gradient rainbow effect.

I'd tell you how to do it, but then I'd have to kill you.

Pacman
Kawasaki Concours 14
"What care I how time advances? I am drinking ale today."― Poe
pacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:53 PM   #6
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman View Post
Rainbow text is cool..

...so is a gradient rainbow effect.

I'd tell you how to do it, but then I'd have to kill you.

I hope you have a website that cranks out all that tag code for you, otherwise you have WAYYY too much time on your hands!

Total Forum Supporter Donations For January: $539.51 - Previous Month: $933.06 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 139 Current Forum Supporters out of 20119 Users (0.69%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 02:20 PM   #7
pacman

I do have way too much time on my hands today, but I choose to waste it in other ways. Yes, it's a code generator.
Here's the gradient generator.
And here's the regular rainbow generator.

Of course, there are tons of effects out there just a google search away.

Pacman
Kawasaki Concours 14
"What care I how time advances? I am drinking ale today."― Poe
pacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:06 AM   #8
anaconda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilk51 View Post
You don't need color - the default color is black - your MC is black, so it's all OK from the start...

OK, OK, first, make sure you are using the right editor - go to "User CP (control panel)" and select "Edit Options" from the list on the left side.

Go all the way to the bottom and look for "Message Editor Interface" and select the "Standard Editor - Extra Formatting Controls". Then click the "Save Changes" button.

Now, when you edit a post (or youe signature), you will see more options, including which allows you to choose a color from the menu.

Hope that helps...
You know, I know at some point I had all the options on the signature editor, but now I can't seem to find them. When I go try to edit my sig, the text box no longer shows any icons with the color, font, etc options... My sig shows some text in bold because the html code was there from a previous edit when I could almost swear I had the editing toolbar...
Old 07-22-2008, 08:38 AM   #9
Gilk51
Pie Man v2.0 (retired)
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
You know, I know at some point I had all the options on the signature editor, but now I can't seem to find them. When I go try to edit my sig, the text box no longer shows any icons with the color, font, etc options... My sig shows some text in bold because the html code was there from a previous edit when I could almost swear I had the editing toolbar...
Check the editor you have selected - there are 3 choices - the upper 2 have more edit controls.

This may have been reset when Scott fiddles with the server settings
Gilk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:47 AM   #10
anaconda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilk51 View Post
Check the editor you have selected - there are 3 choices - the upper 2 have more edit controls.

This may have been reset when Scott fiddles with the server settings
No dice...
Old 07-22-2008, 08:50 AM   #11
Quick-Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
Ana,

You can write your own Bbcode. Here are is of the more basic code. Some may not work depending on what Scott allows. I know color works because I just tested it. See the blue type in my sig line. The last line used to be black type.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/faq.php?mode=bbcode

If ya ain't havin' fun, ya ain't doin' it right.
Quick-Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:57 AM   #12
anaconda

Thanks Jerry, I'll try that.