Notices

Forum Jump

Old 03-01-2009, 11:18 AM   #21
ItchyBob

Re: How to include images in your posts

Old 05-19-2009, 04:53 PM   #22
Sockwell

How do I put an image in the join date section to the left. also I am having a problem listing my bikes. thanks
Sockwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:38 PM   #23
Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockwell View Post
How do I put an image in the join date section to the left. also I am having a problem listing my bikes. thanks
Up near the top of the page, you will see "USER CP"

From there you can edit you Avatar (side image) and signature (list your bikes).

Hope this helps.
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:13 PM   #24
texmax

test
texmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:29 PM   #25
texmax

test test
texmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:17 PM   #26
Beemer Steve

how do i make the picture appear larger
Old 05-31-2009, 05:04 PM   #27
Fred D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer Steve View Post
how do i make the picture appear larger
Use a bigger picture. Fer instance, with my (free) Flickr account, I can upload a picture to it, then choose which size I want to link to for posting in a forum. Sizes I can chose from range from 75x75 up to 768x1024.

This is a small (180x240)

This is a medium (375x500)

and so on.
Fred D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 05:19 PM   #28
Beemer Steve

thanks
Old 05-31-2009, 05:48 PM   #29
Fred D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer Steve View Post
ok i down loaded to the forum gallery amd do what it says obove but were do i find what size to down load.
I think you'll have to upload your pics to another site (Flickr in my example) in order to get a choice of sizes?

Nope, just checked, I'm wrong. to post a larger picture from your gallery, look under your picture, see where it says filesize? click the filesize you want and paste it's ubbc code address into your post. This is your 29.7kb size picture.

Fred D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:05 PM   #30
Beemer Steve

ok know that i got that figured out ,I'll know how to do it on other sites thanks
Old 06-01-2009, 11:15 PM   #31
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred D View Post
I think you'll have to upload your pics to another site (Flickr in my example) in order to get a choice of sizes?

Nope, just checked, I'm wrong. to post a larger picture from your gallery, look under your picture, see where it says filesize? click the filesize you want and paste it's ubbc code address into your post. This is your 29.7kb size picture.

If your original image is smaller than the display size you pic, Flickr will probably display it at the larger size but the quality of the image will suffer noticeably. This is true for any image that you enlarge. It is true when you scale them down as well, but the effects are far less noticeable.

Total Forum Supporter Donations For April: $530.99 - Previous Month: $719.72 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 139 Current Forum Supporters out of 20268 Users (0.69%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:38 PM   #32
Speedy14

Tell me how to submit images on our site and I would be glad to do so...<Speedy><
Speedy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:41 PM   #33
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy14 View Post
Tell me how to submit images on our site and I would be glad to do so...<Speedy><
Howdy Speedy,

When you are editing the body of your post, look down below at the "Additional Options" area and you should see a "Manage Attachments" button. Click that and a window will pop up showing you what kinds of files can be attached to your posts, the file size limits, and the display size limits (for images). You can attach up to five images per post. This is the option to use if you do not already have the files located online somewhere like an image hosting service.

For users that are also Forum Supporters, they can upload images to the TWT Photo Gallery and then link to those images using the IMG or URL tags. Other users use commercial hosting sites like smugmug, photobucket, etc,...

Once an image is hosted online somewhere, you can include it in your post using the IMG or URL tag. The IMG tag will cause the image to display in the body of your post. The URL tag will simply display a link to the image, opening it in a new browser window. The format for each is as follows:

NOTE: to actually make the tags work, replace the ( ) with [ ] around the commands. The ( ) had to be used here so it would display and not get processed as the actual commands.

(IMG)http://hostingsite.com/userdirectory/imagename.jpg(/img)

All you are doing here is putting the direct link to the image between the (IMG) and (/IMG) tags. The URL tag is similar but with a slight twist.

(URL=http://hostingsite.com/userdirectory/imagename.jpg)Whatever text you would like displayed in place of the actual link address(/URL)

Note that for the URL tag, the link to the image is INSIDE the ( ) of the opening tag, and a descriptive text is actually between the two tags.

Total Forum Supporter Donations For April: $530.99 - Previous Month: $719.72 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 139 Current Forum Supporters out of 20268 Users (0.69%)

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Old 06-23-2010, 09:38 AM   #34
Lano

test:
Old 07-13-2010, 05:47 PM   #35
Mudclod

test
Attached Thumbnails
CIMG0044.jpg  
Old 07-13-2010, 06:04 PM   #36
Mudclod

'Ol Sprocket
Old 07-13-2010, 08:13 PM   #37
h2000fb

test... I tried using the "upload" feature earlier but it still did not work. So, will try this paste.

This is the Paste of the URL from TWTEX galary. Why doesn't it show?

OK ... the first was the UBBCode - whatever that is. The second was the url of a pic.

Tom
05 R1200RT BMW
12 VStrom 650 Adv
h2000fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:20 PM   #38
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

http://www.twtex.com/photopost/showfull.php?photo=5764

That link won't work with the IMG tag because it is not a link directly to an image. If you are viewing an image in the TWT Photo Gallery, down below it you should see the direct link shown.

UBBCode: (img)http://www.twtex.com/photopost/data/...8141q.JPG(/img)

I replaced the [ ] with ( ) so you could see it. If you put the [ ], you get this:

Quote:

Old 09-12-2010, 01:14 PM   #39
stephanl

test
Quote:
"to see yourself as others see ya...."
test test

(Gone but not forgotten)
2005 M50 Suzuki Boulevard
1983 Honda 650 Nighthawk
1980 Honda CM400T
stephanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:21 PM   #40
M38A1
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanl View Post
test

test test
'ya know..... there's an easy way to do the quote thing. It's the little button down in the lower right of the post you want to quote. Click that and it automatically grabs the entire post as a quote, USERID included and imbeds it in your post. Then, edit as necessary to get the specific content you want.

There's also a "+" button next to the quote button. Use that for multiple quotes in your same post. If for example you want to quote three posts above, hit the "+" for posts number 1 and 2, then the QUOTE button for the final one. All three will appear with USERID's and text in your post, and again, edit as you want.

"Everyone should have something in their life that requires a helmet" - Ann Sweeney
"Conservation of Stuff: Stuff can be neither created nor destroyed. It only changes ownership" - Me
M38A1 is offline   Reply With Quote