Notices

Closed Thread
Forum Jump

Old 11-11-2005, 03:38 PM   #1
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Exclamation Detailed Searchable User Info

Howdy,

We would like to encourage everyone to completely fill out their user profile in the User CP. The personal information will only be viewable to registered users that have paid a small annual fee for the privilege of seeing this info. The fee is intended both to help support TWT and to discourage spammers. The purpose of the info is to develop a searchable database for users to help with finding other users in your area or some other specific area. Also, when users are planning a trip or are stranded and needing help, this will enable them to find people nearby for assistance.

The fields are found in your User CP --> Edit Profile

To subscribe to the service: User CP --> Miscellaneous -->Paid Subscriptions

It is $10 for a year. You can pay cash if you see me in person, via PayPal in the subscription service in your USER CP, or you can mail me a check and I will add you to the service:

Scott Friday
1617 Woodland Lane
Huntsville, Tx. 77340

Be sure to note in the memo section this is for the User DB Subscription!!

The information asked for is the user's real name, mailing address, phone numbers and the kind of assistance they might be able to provide to other users. To do a search, visit the Memberlist link at the top of the forum, select Search and then Advance Search. You will see all the fields listed (if you are subscribed). You can then type in keywords or parts of keywords in one or more of the fields. Users matching those words will come up in a list and then you have to click each user to view their info. If there is anything else you think should be included in the list, please let me know.

It should be noted that only members that have posted at least one time anywhere in the TWT site will show up on the list, even if they have filled out all the fields in their profile. So the lurkers won't show up.

Total Forum Supporter Donations For October: $323.43 - Previous Month: $685.11 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 128 Current Forum Supporters out of 20679 Users (0.62%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas

Last edited by Tourmeister; 11-30-2005 at 03:31 PM.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:36 PM   #2
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Re: Detailed Searchable User Info

Well, I guess some folks think this is a good idea and they are already starting to subscribe Thanks!

Total Forum Supporter Donations For October: $323.43 - Previous Month: $685.11 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 128 Current Forum Supporters out of 20679 Users (0.62%)

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Old 11-11-2005, 05:41 PM   #3
Squeaky
A Few Loose Screws...
Forum Supporter

Haven't subscribed, but I've updated my info so ppl can search for me!
'98 XR400R "Templeton"
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."
-Carl Bard

Where's Squeaky?
Old 11-11-2005, 05:43 PM   #4
Texas T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky
Haven't subscribed, but I've updated my info so ppl can search for me!
Why should we have to search... you're everywhere!
Old 11-11-2005, 05:44 PM   #5
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

This is not a user dating search service

Quote:

Old 11-11-2005, 05:45 PM   #6
Texas T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmeister
This is not a user dating search service
Old 11-11-2005, 05:49 PM   #7
Squeaky
A Few Loose Screws...
Forum Supporter

just plain mean I tell ya.....
'98 XR400R "Templeton"
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."
-Carl Bard

Where's Squeaky?
Old 11-11-2005, 05:57 PM   #8
Texas T

Quote:
Just like a real family, we only pick on the ones we love.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:58 PM   #9
Squeaky
A Few Loose Screws...
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas T
Just like a real family, we only pick on the ones we love.
Yeah, but there's a reason my real family is 1400 miles away...
'98 XR400R "Templeton"
-Carl Bard

Where's Squeaky?
Old 11-14-2005, 09:50 PM   #10
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Okay, you can pay via check, cash or PayPal. See the original post for details.

Quote:

Old 11-16-2005, 07:47 PM   #11
JR

Sometimes, Rebecca, it takes some distance to make the "heart grow fonder." Then there are cases when distance equates to sanity too... Anyway, it appears from watching the postings here, YOU HAVE A FAMILY... TWT.

Grumpy...
Old 11-17-2005, 06:07 PM   #12
Squeaky
A Few Loose Screws...
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy
Anyway, it appears from watching the postings here, YOU HAVE A FAMILY... TWT.
Oh, don't get me wrong - I am very close to my family and owe everything I am to my mom and dad for raising me as well as they did. I get homesick often and calls to/from are no more than a few days apart. My sister is my best friend.

I haven't been back home since May, and it's killing me. Thing is, after a few days staying under mom's roof again, it's time to come back here to TX and my "adult" life. Weird, I know.

And you're right - TWT really has become my extended family. I've not met a single person on here that I wouldn't invite into my home, and many have welcomed me into theirs. They've bailed me out in tough times, hung out with me in fun times, taught me almost everything I know about motorcycles, and bring me back to reality when I need a good swift kick in the rear.
'98 XR400R "Templeton"
-Carl Bard

Where's Squeaky?
Old 11-19-2005, 02:10 PM   #13
Texas T

Quote:
and bring me back to reality when I need a good swift kick in the rear.
We're here for you!
Old 11-30-2005, 04:14 PM   #14
STrider

Hey TM- The Home & Cell phone fields in "User CP-> Edit profile" Don't allow for more than 10 digits. Work phone does though. No biggie, I just put mine in without dashes.

Oh, and maybe a field for bike transport capabilities?

If I ever have $10.00 I can snide away from the accounting dept, I'll subscribe.

Last edited by STrider; 11-30-2005 at 04:32 PM.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:17 PM   #15
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Fixed.

Quote:

Old 11-30-2005, 04:26 PM   #16
RogerAtx

> Yeah, but there's a reason my real family is 1400 miles away...

Hilarious. I hear that
www.ororcycle.com

'99 R1100S '94 M900 '88 Street-Hawk '89 Track-Hawk
'76 R90/cafe '76 R90/6 '65 R60/2 '99 KLR250 '00 SV650
'00 Navigator '86 P-944 '98 XR100 '76 Bonnie '89 EL250
Old 12-01-2005, 09:48 AM   #17
mary111

Quote:
Squeaky, I got a laugh from a male member last night on the Chat Line when I told him that I had a 10:00 pm curfew with my dates and I always let the date know that I can find my way to my front door on my own, thank you. He said that the Harley ad doesn't detect this type of scenerio. I told him that I wasn't in the ad. When I finally make it inside, Squeaky, then I can visit with my SO (Bob, the hamster). This way I can put him back in the cage if he acts up, right?
Old 12-16-2005, 01:26 PM   #18
thumper

Decided to try this forum.Is there anyone who rides dualsport in n.e. houston 30/70?
Old 12-16-2005, 02:04 PM   #19
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Hey Thumper! Welcome to the site! There are a ton of DS riders in North Houston. We just did a great ride last weekend. I am in Huntsville. Some of the folks come up and we leave from here to go exploring. There are endless miles of little dirt roads in East Texas. Keep an eye on the DS forums for upcoming rides.

What do you ride?

Quote:

Old 12-19-2005, 09:06 PM   #20
thumper

Vintage iron a 90 DR650s,which is about as far from stock as I can get it. It's simple and reliable, but it's one of those bikes...either you love'em or hate'em. I do alot of single track but I also like exploring backroads. I have a rack on my motorhome and the DR goes with us everywhere.It makes great transportation whether we're at the beach or in the mountains. My biggest problem on trips is convincing my wife that me and the DR need some alone time. To much two-up can be a real drag. As soon as I figure out what my daughter has done to this PC I'll post a few pics.
Closed Thread