• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Uvalde! Where? Uvalde!........Ohh.......

Reaction score
I just wanted to check-in and say Hello! Former NW Native Texan and now SW Texan left over from the oilfield. I've been on a lot of street bikes but am really looking forward to get further into the Adventure Motorcycle scene. If you know where Uvalde is and your a close by Adv Rider give me a shoot.

I don't live nearby, but I definitely know where Uvalde is. I grew up in San Antonio. Welcome to TWT.

Uvalde! thats a harsh sentence, do the crime do the time!:mrgreen: The good news there are eight roads out of town, half lead to Mexico the other to the hill country. You should get your passport, they say the riding down there is excellant!

welcome to the forum.

Lived there for 3 years. Went to Southwest. Great little place. Cheap to live in and closer to the curvy parts of TX. Dollar movies on Mondays and cold rivers in the summer.

Welcome to the forum.

:welcome: & enjoy! Not a bad place to be :)

Thanks everyone. Are any of you familiar with the road that goes to Reagan Wells? North of Uvalde on 83 going to Concan, FM 1051 T's into 83 and you can only go West from there. There is about 15 miles of pavement then it become CR 254. I"m just wondering if it still goes all the way to 337 West of Leaky?

Any how, got to get my KLX250 sold and my throttle unstuck on my SV1000 and get into a larger Dual Sport.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Get a 650/800 sized DS so you can do the Mexico rides with Richard "Trail Boss" and all the other folks that head down there throughout the year.

Then get your BIG adventure bike if you still feel you need one. Afterall, one can never have too many bikes ;-)

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Get a 650/800 sized DS so you can do the Mexico rides with Richard "Trail Boss" and all the other folks that head down there throughout the year.

Then get your BIG adventure bike if you still feel you need one. Afterall, one can never have too many bikes ;-)

I'm really wanting to get into a KTM 690 soon while trying to downsize the toys. A BMW F800GS has kind of been on the outskirts of my radar too.

Aloha,welcome to TWT. You might find your dream bike on here. There are a few BMWs and a Triumph DP bikes on here for sale. Maybe you will be luck and do some horse trading. Do you plan on doing any motorcycle camping off your next ride? We do that here almost every month. KP

I do plan on doing some camping. I've got most the stuff I think I need from my backpacking gear; same tools new application.

I do plan on doing some camping. I've got most the stuff I think I need from my backpacking gear; same tools new application.

Cool,keep your eyes peeled,working on a September one now. We have camping threads also here. Good advice on gear and such if you need to add or update.

Thanks everyone. Are any of you familiar with the road that goes to Reagan Wells? North of Uvalde on 83 going to Concan, FM 1051 T's into 83 and you can only go West from there. There is about 15 miles of pavement then it become CR 254. I"m just wondering if it still goes all the way to 337 West of Leaky

Don't think i know that road but sounds like it'd be fun to find out

Check this out:

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1455813#post1455813

I just wanted to check-in and say Hello! Former NW Native Texan and now SW Texan left over from the oilfield. I've been on a lot of street bikes but am really looking forward to get further into the Adventure Motorcycle scene. If you know where Uvalde is and your a close by Adv Rider give me a shoot.

There is a ride in Kerrville on Thur Sept 29 - Sun Oct 2. Everyone is staying at the Kerrville Schreiner City Park. They have the RanchHouse reserved for that Thur-Sun but I think it is full already. There are 23 small cabins that are only $50/night & sleep at least 4 people. There is a 25$ cleaning fee deposit that you get back if the cabin is clean when they check it. They mail you the 25$ fee in the form of a check. Call now & reserve a cabin. 830-257-7300. I reserved cabin #10 in the High Point Area. Cabin #9 is available at this time. Has A/C and heat. Go to web site for more details. They also have RV spots & tent camping. Ideally, if we get enough riders together we can split up into groups, 1 pavement & 1 dirt. There's some dirt roads down SW of there to check out. Of course, the 3 Sisters are right there handy too. Check out upcoming ride forums under "Kerrville Ride Sept 30-Oct 2 by Maximus_Flavius and post replies there if interested/going. Hope to see a good Central Texas area turn out!!!! I'm going to take the S10 and the wife. That translates to the 3 Sisters runs.

***UPDATE*** I took Friday the 30th off, so I will be up for an all day ride Friday. I am trailering the KLR and the S10 up Friday morning so I am ready for dirt/gravel of road rides. We also decided to stay Friday night at the park. Group is going to Mamacitas in Kerrville for dinner Friday night. Really good Mexican food and magaritas!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's sad, I grew up in Kerrville and one of my best friends in Kerrville was a big fella from Uvalde but I swear I can't tell you how to get there, lol.

I think the last time I rode the Three sisters stuff about 3 years ago (wow has it been that long??) we may have ridden through there at some point but I honestly couldn't say because I was not leading nor was I paying attention to a map (or road signs for the most part).

Well, I did pay attention to the ones telling you how many have perished in the area but the are hard to miss...

Back