• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rich Mountain Rendezvous 2018 - Sept. 13-16 - IT'S TIME!!! w00t!

Re: Rich Mountain Rendezvous 2018 - Sept. 13-16 - Mark your calendar!

Just reserved a room at the lodge.

I like that you can pre-pay for camping now. I didn't, but I like that you can. :-) Just paid for registration.

Just reserved a room at the lodge.
Wonderful! Did you have trouble getting the group rate? We heard it didn't go well for some folks last year. I hope it worked out but if not, there is definitely time to help fix that.

I like that you can pre-pay for camping now. I didn't, but I like that you can. :-) Just paid for registration.
We like to see you smile [emoji1]

Q knows the way. He's done it a bunch! [emoji16]

Trying to make this work and giving it a bump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope you can! We're in 'hammock phase' right now - lots of background stuff going on. I promise I'll be banging pots and pans together to get attention soon.

Or whining. Whatever works, right? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Wonderful! Did you have trouble getting the group rate? We heard it didn't go well for some folks last year. I hope it worked out but if not, there is definitely time to help fix that.

I was unaware of the group rate. I’ll check into it later.

I was unaware of the group rate. I’ll check into it later.
The phone number and group number is on the site and hopefully was in your confirmation email as well. Please let me know if it didn't show up!

I hope you can! We're in 'hammock phase' right now - lots of background stuff going on. I promise I'll be banging pots and pans together to get attention soon.

Or whining. Whatever works, right? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I might not be able to show up until Friday afternoon. Is this a deal breaker? Will I miss all the fun?

Also, what equipment do people bring to do this? Big streety bikes or wee dual sports?

Last edited:

I might not be able to show up until Friday afternoon. Is this a deal breaker? Will I miss all the fun?

Also, what equipment do people bring to do this? Big streety bikes or wee dual sports?

No, sir - not at all! Aside from having fun every day, Saturday is pretty huge for fun factoring. We keep you fed and you roll when you want, where you want. On Saturday afternoon/evening, we have our dinner/band/tasting/auction/giveaway goodness. Everything else is whatever makes you happiest to join or do your own thing :-)

Bump. Dreaming of cooler weather in the fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hoping to do something in the OK/AR area in Sept. This would probably be perfect, but I have never been to any dual sport meet besides the meet and eat stuff around the Dallas area.

What could I expected from this event in terms of lodging, riding, food if I was to try and make this event?

I have a pig of a Versys 650 so I'm probably not going a lot of places on it. If previous experience is any indicator, I'll probably just drop the bike and myself alot.

It's a 90% street bike rally. There's a beautiful lodge and campgrounds at the Queen Wilhelmina State Park. Seems like the majority campout. Fairly informal. The only scheduled events are in the evening: a band and dinner at the state park. Breakfast is provided. Riders group together for rides or go on an individual ride. A straight road is a rare one in the Ozarks. You will enjoy it.

Last edited:

A message from your CASA director, RMR fan, and all-around awesome human:

Dear RMR family,

It hardly seems possible that we will be together again in just a few months! I know the time has seemed endless and has also flown by since RMR 2017.

We are busily preparing and know you will join us on the mountain. This year is especially meaningful, not only for the children you help us help, but for this bittersweet 19th year where Steve Johnson's presence will be felt. Everyone who met Steve has a story. His love for this rally and for children was boundless!.

In addition to our usual delight in feeding you to bursting, arranging options for fun adventures, and our Saturday evening shindig, I hope you will bring your favorite Steve moment along to share around a campfire or a picnic table. We are working on some special items to remember him by so stay tuned!

We're keeping registration at the same rate as past years - $50 with an early bird discount if you register before August 1. Please be sure to take note of the group discount number on the RMR site - www.rmr4casa.com - for RV spaces and lodge rooms.

We're also asking for your help with ideas on this year's Rendezvous shirts so log in and vote!

I can't wait to see all of you for RMR 2018. I really mean it when I say I love this rally with all my heart!

Love,
Cynthia

CYNTHIA MARTIN, DIRECTOR
CASA OF THE OUACHITA REGION
812 DEQUEEN STREET
MENA, AR 71953

Guess what!!! We are EXACTLY two months away from RMR 2018!!!

That means you have two weeks(ish) left to register and get your discount. That's right... only $45 to register until August 1! Where else are you going to get a whole lotta food, a whole lotta great riding, a whole lotta good company, and benefit a whole lotta children all at the same time for such a great price?!?

We'll have a special Steve memory shirt available for pre-order purchase soon, in addition to the Tiddler run and all the other good stuff that goes on every year.

Join in the good times! You will not be sorry :-)

#ready4RMR

http://rmr4casa.com

Guess what!!! We are ... two months away from RMR 2018!!!.... Join in the good times! You will not be sorry :-)

http://rmr4casa.com

General Info & Schedule for the 2018 Tiddler To The Top:

Friday, September 14th - Rider's Meeting at 8:30am:
Friday's Tiddler is planned as an on/off pavement group ride of ±95 miles, with a gas stop at ±15 miles, a lunch break at ±60 miles & a gas stop at ±65 miles. Off-pavement miles will be groomed NFS/county roads. All riders are invited to join us - our pace will be amenable to Tiddler bikes. :phead: We'll plan to return to camp by, say, 3pm.

:pirate: Distance from Last Gas Stop on Friday to 1st Gas Stop on Saturday is ±75 miles.

Saturday, September 15th -Riders Meeting at 8:30am:
Saturday's Tiddler is a planned as a self-guided ride (same route as last year, but with route sheets readily available :sun:) heading West twds Oklahoma. The primary route is ±127 mile paved road route with a gas stop at ±40 miles and gas/lunch stops at ±80 miles. However, there are a some options for side trips to see old bridges and/or ride across the dam of a small lake. There will also be an true short-cut thru the woods for the adventurous that cuts off 12 miles.

It is proposed that, for Saturday, we form small groups of similar size bikes to ride together. The route is not difficult, but can present a challenge for the smaller/older bikes due to the elevation changes. :rider: We should all return to camp by, say, 3pm to rest up for the evening festivities.

The Tiddler to the Top is a great opportunity for riders with small bikes and/or scooters to enjoy the area without concern for being the slowest bike around. :mrgreen:

Saturday, September 15th -Riders Meeting at 8:30am:
Saturday's Tiddler is a planned as a self-guided ride (same route as last year, but with route sheets readily available :sun:)

:doh:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

This time, we'll have backups of backups of backups. Kept inside. Under blankets. :sun:

Thanks, Lee!!!

:doh:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

This time, we'll have backups of backups of backups. Kept inside. Under blankets. :sun:

Thanks, Lee!!!
I cant remember if I registered or not, can you find out for me? Kevin Landis

Sent from my Acer Chromebook R11 (CB5-132T / C738T) using Tapatalk

I would love to attend this but the dates are always 2-3 weeks prior to the color change that I've been enjoying for the last ten years.

Oh well, y'all enjoy! :thumb:

Not yet, Kevin [emoji106]

I would love to attend this but the dates are always 2-3 weeks prior to the color change that I've been enjoying for the last ten years.

Oh well, y'all enjoy! :thumb:
Go twice? [emoji274]

Funny, I had to search my email to check and see if I had already signed up. Found the receipt though, so I'm good. But I know the feeling.

If you're wondering, you can always log into your RMR account on the site and check your info!

Attachments

• rmr-account-sm-screen.jpg
    rmr-account-sm-screen.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 247

Dear RMR family,

It’s getting closer to Rendezvous time and we are excited to share news about a special shirt commemorating Steve “The Prof” Johnson and his tireless energy and love for our Rich Mountain Rendezvous.

This shirt, custom designed by local artist Samantha Christian, is available for $20. All orders submitted and paid by PayPal or check before September 1 will be available at registration. Shirts can be ordered after that but will be mailed to you.

To order a Special Steve Shirt, please email Kat - admin@rmr4casa.com - with your preferred sizes and to arrange payment. CASA of the Ouachita receives a donation for every shirt purchased.

Registration is ready for you at rmr4casa.com. Let's fill the mountain to celebrate together!

See you in a few weeks!

Love,

Cynthia

Attachments

• SteveShirt02.jpg
    SteveShirt02.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 253
  • SteveShirt01.jpg
    SteveShirt01.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 254
  • SteveShirt03.jpg
    SteveShirt03.jpg