• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello from Spring

Akro

Reaction score
I'm a new member from Spring.

I met Scott and Beth Friday today,July 6, at Kings Restaurant in Montgomery.

I have two bikes - a 1989 Harley FXRS that is getting some serious custom work done at Iron Eagle, and a 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S. I really like the Bandit, but I have decided to take the plunge on this sport touring thing, and in April I ordered a 2003 Yamaha FJR 1300. The FJR 1300 won't arrive until September. The Bandit is for sale.

My other interest is flying aerobatic airplanes. I own a Pitts Special S-1T aerobatic biplane. If I knew how, I would post some photos of the bikes and the plane.

Howdy,

:tab Welcome to the site! Do you show the Harley? September!! Good grief!! Considering how fast last year's supply of FJR's was sold, you'd think they'd have put a few more in the market this year :-? For anyone interested, I know a guy selling his 2002 FJR with about 10K miles on it. ;-)

:tab You cannot actually upload photos to the site. You have to have your own place on the net, your own server or webspace, or one of the commercial webspace companies like pbase.com. You upload the images to that place and then make a link from your post to the image at the other site. If you use the URL tag in your post, it will open a separate browser window with the picture in it. If you use the IMG tag, it will include your picture in the body of the post. For pictures over 450 pixels wide, I would prefer you use the URL so the size of the picture won't screw up the way the forum displays the posts. Also, people on slower dial up connections won't have to wait forever for the pictures to load. Here are two exampes.

Description of Image

Notice you open the tag with and close it with . All of the tags use this same format. The above example will only display your description text and when someone clicks on it, it will open another window and show the image.

imagefile.jpg

This example will just display the image as part of the body of the post. If you have a lot of images, it will take a while for all of them to load when someone views your posts. Broadband folks won't have this problem, modem users will.

:tab If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Hey Randy,

:tab The email address you used to contact me at the BMT site has something wrong with it. I cannot reply to or send a new message to that address:

rchenson1@houston.rr.com

Everytime I try to send something to it, I get an undeliverable error because no such user exists. Maybe there is a typo in the address? Please contact me or leave a message here. Thanks.

That is the site with some in flight photos of the airplane. The photos were taken by a friend on the ground with a 400mm lens. I was flying low passes over a private airport north of Katy.

Back