• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

YA Newbie

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm Casimir and live in west Houston. I have a '01 Suzuki GS500E and have been riding since January of this year. Still have a lot to learn.

A saw a post from Tourmeister on another board (gstwin.com) and thought I'd check this board out. Looks pretty good so far.

Howdy Casimir,

:tab How has the GS been treating you? Have you been racking up the miles on it? Any mods yet? Our friend Debbie "Snoopster", has a 2001 GS. We had the fork oil replaced with a heavier oil and longer spacers put in to increase the front preload. It made a world of difference in how the bike handles. No more bottoming out the frontend under braking or bad bumps! We just did the first service on her bike so now we can really take it out and have some fun! :twisted: We're still working on her training. She is still hesitant to wind it up much beyond 5-6K rpm's hehe. Riding her bike really makes me wish I had started on a GS. Have you checked out the new release with the full fairings? Pretty cool.

:tab Well, hopefully we'll see you on one of our group rides or perhaps a maintenance day.

Adios,

Back