• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hey from Lubbock

Reaction score
First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Newsom
I'm a new member from the Flatlands. I have a BMW and the wife and I have a pair of new Suzuki DRs. I'm in the Dustbowl Beemers and a few of us ride almost every weekend if we can. My wife's in the school business, so we're busy in the fall traveling with the football team (I'm the PA announcer for the home games). We have season tickets to the Tech games, and that knocks us out of some riding.

I'm in the comercial real estate business, and have two grown kids.

I spend some time on the BMW Sport Touring and ADV boards as WestTX RT and WestTX DR.

:welcome: Darrell

The west Texas and Panhandle areas seem to have riders joining more frequently now. Also, check out the IPRD (International Pie Run Day) on 10/25 (TWT ponsored events) - we would be interested to hear if there are any good pie locations out your way.

Regardless, enjoy the great riding weather! :rider:

Welcome :mrgreen:

I'm in Carlsbad right now and will be heading for Pie Town, NM for the International Pie Run. If you are interested in a M&G, just PM me.

Welcome! I have a Tech connection through my wife's family. She's a Lubbock girl. My oldest son is a rabid Tech fan, even though he's never even been on the campus. Go figure.

Hello Darrell1

First of all, Welcome to the site! Secondly, let me comment on a wonderful choice for an avatar. I may live in Houston, but I grew up in Lubbock, and remain a Red Raider fan!

Jeff

Welcome! I did time in Lubbock! :rider: Remind me to tell you about my ride home from Lubbock to Tyler over Christmas break. :eek2:

Hey guys,
Thanks for the welcome. Yep, I bleed red and black.

I'll see if I can think over some good places for pie between here and there and let y'all know about them. :eat:

Some of my regular runs include the Geezers and Scalawags ride to Junction in April, and the Memorial weekend Rally in Red River.

rt.jpg

OK, here's an old one. It's the only one I had at work. Y'all may recognize the spot between Tucumcari and Las Vegas, NM.

View attachment 7656

OK, here's an old one. It's the only one I had at work. Y'all may recognize the spot between Tucumcari and Las Vegas, NM.

Oh, I know the spot well as I travel it frequently on business.

Hey Welcome. The Panhandle subgroup is trying to put together a meet and greet for the International Pie Run Day on the 25th. I am proposing the Overlook on 207. Love to see you and the wife come out.

Len
aka pb641

Have you been to the Demings Gathering? Alot of BMWs show up.

A few from Lubbock are going, we'll probably still be doing playoffs in football. My next trip will be in the cage to Dallas to the big Intl. motorcycle show, my first time. A few of the DBB'ers are going, we're staying at the Hampton on Walnut Hill.

Surf---

Attachments

• guns.gif
    guns.gif
    191 bytes · Views: 151
You call that a picture Darrell? That's a bike magazine advertisement. Here's a picture:

2190150029_39b2f110fd.jpg

You guys will know Darrell when he rides by. His dash board will be lit up like a Christmas tree and there will be wires all over the place. He's the man to go to for unneccessary electronic gadgetry advice.

Back