• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Young Oldies Rider.

Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Last Name
B.
Hey there :] I just noticed this introductions forum.. i've been creeping around the forum for about a month now, and loving it..

anyways, about me..

I'm 18. I bought my first bike in july, right before my 18th birthday... actually, thats kind of incorrect.. i bought three bikes for my 18th birthday.. i had been looking on craigslist for a cheap bike that i would be able to (even with simple fixing) learn to ride motorcycles on..

One saturday morning I came across a craigslist ad for 3 XS850 specials for 1500 total.. I jumped on it. i knew i probably wouldnt get another chance like this for a while. I asked my friend if he could take us both out to sealy, tx to pick up the three bikes that were sitting in the guy's parent's barn.. he, kind of confused about the whole thing, agreed to take me out there.. i told him i'd sell him one of the bikes if it was worth it.

We get out there to this guy's barn in sealy, and shows us the bikes. three triples. Mine, the 81 XS850, was used as a daily driver in past lives, and was well taken care of, until it was shelved for a few months it seems. 45xxx miles on it.
I chose her when i walked into the barn. she called my name from under the fresh coat of dust.

The second bike, the 1980 XS850 went to my friend who drove me out there, and we do our maitanence on our bikes and all sorts of wonderful things now.

The third bike, the 80 xs850 midnight, is now a skeleton on wheels in my garage. stripped for parts to share between my friend and I. I plan on selling that frame soon, as i have no desire to chop or mod it( nor the money for such project)..

It's now january. 6,000 miles later, and still loving her :] I've bought some more project bikes since then, including a current 1982 Virago 920 for myself to work on, and a 740 which went to that same friend...

I can say that so far in my short life, buying a motorcycle was the best decision.. And i cant wait for january's pie run :eat:

You got a great deal. From the looks of your avatar, it's a very good looking bike. Ride safe and hope to make a pie run myself one day. I'm just a bit east of H-town from you. Take care and welcome to this great site.

Welcome to TWT and the world of motorcycles. Love the XS 750 & XS 850 specials which are, well special. :rider:

welcome! :welcome:
Wednesday night is Katy bike night at the Empanada house @ Westheimer and Mason.
You ought to come out and let the old guys walk down memory lane looking at your bike :giveup: , and us not quite as old guys admire it, I love old bikes.

If I drive you to Sealy some time will you buy me a motorcycle?

Good to have you here; we look forward to seeing at least two of the yamahas at a pie run. (We're in Conroe this month.)

Welcome to the site :Wave:

Congrats on the bikes. Sounds like you have kicked off the life long addiction in a good way :clap:

Back