• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

knock knock... ummm im new

Reaction score
Hello,
Just thought i would drop a line and say hi. Im originally from Austin, but have been in the Navy for the last 8 years. Last based in NAS Lemoore Cali. for 5 of the 8. Soooooooo yeah thats me!

I have been riding for about 5 years. Im an aggressive rider i like track days at Buttonwillow raceway & Infineon raceway in cali. Are there and tracks close??? I have a 2004 Gxr6 01 gxr750 and 2004 yz250. And this Porsche Boxster that i really dont want any more.. PLUG PLUG PLUG ITS FOR SALE... LOL

Well take it easy and nice site and forum!

Last edited:
Re: knock knock... ummm im new:giveup:

:welcome:

I too was stationed out at NAS Lemoore back 90-92. I have a lot of good memories from my time out there. Just a bit of a drive to all the fun spots that Cali has to offer.

There are quit a few folks on here that are track day regulars, maybe they can post up on where the closest one to you is now that your back home.

:welcome:

I too was stationed out at NAS Lemoore back 90-92. I have a lot of good memories from my time out there. Just a bit of a drive to all the fun spots that Cali has to offer.

There are quit a few folks on here that are track day regulars, maybe they can post up on where the closest one to you is now that your back home.

Thats cool! Yeah it is a drive but not to bad im mean there is everything out there. its just like you said a 2 hr drive to get there.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Closest track I know of is Texas World Speedway over by College Station, about 1-1/2 - 2 hours from you. It has not been used for serious racing for a longgg time. It is primarily used for club stuff, trackdays, etc,... It's a fun track though. There is another newer track in Houston now, but I can't recall the name. Eagle's Canyon is up North of Fort Worth. It is also new and has some fun corners and good straights. The major trackday outfits here are RideSmart, Lone Star Trackdays, and Texas Trackdays. Most of them start their new schedule sometime in late Feb. Between the three of them, there is usually a trackday on most any weekend through late October or early November.

:welcome: to the site & Thank You for your service.
:patriot:

Here's another :welcome: to the site & Thank You for your service. :patriot:

I was stationed at Mare Island up in Vallejo 80-81.
Infineon was known as Sears Point back then, and Weds. nights were "run what ya brung" drag races, lotta fun, even our division officers used to come out on a regular basis.
Welcome aboard TWT and yes, thank you..:hail: :patriot: :bow:

:welcome: to the forum

There is also MotoSport Ranch in Cresson (near Granbury, south of Fort Worth)

I spent a lot of time in the 80s supporting A-7E simulators at Flight Ops at NAS Lemoore (FASOTRAGRUPAC). All replaced by F/A-18 stuff now.

I suspect you have plenty of stories about the Tule (River) fog... :eek2:
(I had never been lost in an intersection before experiencing that) :lol2:

Last edited:
:welcome: to the forum

There is also MotoSport Ranch in Cresson (near Granbury, south of Fort Worth)

I spent a lot of time in the 80s supporting A-7E simulators at Flight Ops at NAS Lemoore (FASOTRAGRUPAC). All replaced by F/A-18 stuff now.

I suspect you have plenty of stories about the Tule (River) fog... :eek2:
(I had never been lost in an intersection before experiencing that) :lol2:

Yeah the fog there is crazy. Something i will never miss!

Welcome from Dallas and Thank You for your service! You can't be thank enough for serving our country..

Back