• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Howdy from Alvord

Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Hey all, just saying "Howdy" from the Alvord area. Tim Richard and I grew up in the Dallas area and now run a ranch near Alvord and am an activist for the Libertarian Party of Texas and for Ron Paul for President for 2012.

Been riding things with motors and wheels since 1969; got into racing MX from 1975 till 1981. Raced dirt track cars from '96 to '03 and now some of my old MX pals started racing Cross country in the TORN XC racing series so I have been doing that now for 3 years. I started out on a new 2009 KTM 505 XC-F that I traded at the end of the 2010 series for a new 2010 Husaberg 570 FE and took 2nd overall in the over 52 AMA class last year.

I've ridden various street bikes the last few decades like a 1981 Yamaha 750 Maxim, 1984 Honda VF 750F Interceptor with 86 motor, 2001 Triumph Sprint ST (rebuilt from a wrecked one) and my latest a 2004 Aprilia Tuono that hasn't gotten much riding on it.

I have 5 dirt bikes including a '95 YZ 250F I bought from Gandolkf that I'm trying to sell. That ones not on my list 'cause I'm selling it to get another good XC practice bike like the KDX 220 I have now. Sold my 2000 DRZ 400E in 2010 when I bought the KTM which you might see here in some of my pix.

Gandolkf invited me on here so here I am! I was on adv rider a few times and have a ride report there from my 2007 Ireland 12 day ride there with ROTLE which I am a member of. Its there that I rode another 2004 Aprilia Tuono and decided I had to have one. Got a killer deal on one here and later sold my 2001 Triumph ST as I had too many bikes in the garage; not to mention an old 86 Suzuki Quad runner and 95 Kawasaki Mule 2500.

So yes I love toys and have a blast on them.

Cheers,

Richard

Attachments

• img_1574 (Large).jpg
    img_1574 (Large).jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 0422101407a.jpg
    0422101407a.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 108
  • Bikes1.jpg
    Bikes1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 108
  • Toys3.jpg
    Toys3.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 100
  • Tuono cropped.jpg
    Tuono cropped.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 97
Thanks I appreciate that. Also it seems our moderator is a fan of Austrian economics and libertarian beliefs according to his quotes! NICE!

Howdy. Welcome aboard. Great bunch of folks here. Even a few liberals, but they are Ok folks too.(if we can figure out a way to keep their mouths shut) :-).

Look forward to meeting you.

There are also a bunch of us middle-of-the-road die-hard independents who sing Kum By Yah to the other guys. What a family! Welcome aboard. Love your collection of bikes.

We're probably of fairly similar age. I fell off my first dirt bike in '71.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Yeah, been reading Mises.org and LRC for many years ;-)

Hey your here,Maybe you'll do some more riding?
Maybe a pie run.
See you

Welcome to the site. I am familiar with Alvord. I grew up in Boyd, about 22 miles south of Alvord.

Back