• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Where am I? (Can you place this picture...?)

Why is it always just old boring buildings? Why not make the game fun with some unique landmarks, odd/funny signs/places, how about a nice landscape or downtown city scape, etc. etc. Even a good watercolor every now and then. Lol

_

Hey your gonna make old Mac Donald mad :-P This is his thread now :lol2:

Why is it always just old boring buildings? Why not make the game fun with some unique landmarks, odd/funny signs/places, how about a nice landscape or downtown city scape, etc. etc. Even a good watercolor every now and then. Lol

_

That's the nice thing about this thread, you guess the location and then you get to post any picture you want, even if it is a pile of dirt on a gravel road that only you and your riding buddies have ever seen.

That's the nice thing about this thread, you guess the location and then you get to post any picture you want, even if it is a pile of dirt on a gravel road that only you and your riding buddies have ever seen.
But that means I never get a turn as I dont know any of those bldgs. And I wont Google them as I think that goes against spirit of game. But I keep my notification on and get to post at times when somebody doesnt have a pic ready and offers it to first poster.

_

77fb5e7f-3fe1-480f-bd90-3b1d1f9603e1_zpsxrsnwviu.jpg

Is that in Sherman? :sun:

Ballinger Texas

Yes, that's one of the few remaining Carnegie Libraries left in Texas. There were originally 32, but I think we're down to 13. Between building demolition, in misguided urban renewal efforts, and a surprising number of fires, there are only 13 left and very few are still used as libraries as this one in Ballinger. This building was built in 1908.

In 1970 I spent the summer working in my uncle's store in Sherman. They actually lived in Dennison and I have a vague recollection of riding my Honda SL-100 across this bridge to my cousins house in Madill, OK. I stayed on the back roads because I couldn't keep up with traffic on US 75.

In 1970 I spent the summer working in my uncle's store in Sherman. They actually lived in Dennison and I have a vague recollection of riding my Honda SL-100 across this bridge to my cousins house in Madill, OK. I stayed on the back roads because I couldn't keep up with traffic on US 75.

My wife and I had matching SL-125s in '72. Fun little bike's.

You are up.

WOW what an interesting building.

Signatures? We don't need no stinking signatures!

No smiley faces omitted. Lol

Signatures? We don't need no stinking signatures!

From the name on top of the picture I think it's the Senglemann Building wherever that is.

Back