• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Does your bike have a gender?

Whee is a 'he'. Maybe because my bike is my best friend and nearly all my friends are male.

Then again, sometimes on a really good ride, when I'm wearing a big grin and just vibrating from the pleasure of it all, he's kinda like my lover. :mrgreen:

And Sunday is our first anniversary :trust:
(and 18,724 miles later)

I'm not sure about the gender of my Wee yet...although I think it's a boy.... ;-)

However my VTX was a female, which I affectionally nicknamed "La Monstra"...right from the first time I rode it out of the dealership.

My first bike was named Goliath. Both because I collect gargoyles, and he was HUGE (to me.) It was definitely a HE, because he had ideas about where he wanted to go, and I had to make him listen to reason. :-P

The BMW hasn't offered up a name yet, although I'm beginning to think it's a she. (no clue why) :shrug:

Seems the tradition originated with sailors, putting the bust of some feminine god on the front of their ship. I've seen it in the movies so it must be true :mrgreen:

I was thinking of naming my bike "Frauline" :ponder:

But my next bike is gonna be a Triumph. I guess I might have to call her Lizzie, or Gwen, or Nimue, or maybe Lia Fail.

I think this is the first time I have ever heard anybody mention Nimue in casual conversation. Into Merlin, are ye?

I don't think I have ever had gender specific names for any of my bikes. I have nicknames for them, like Kwak, Kwakker, or Kawamazuki for the ZX11. I called the FZR1000 "the big Fizz", and I referred to the Bonneville as the trumpet and sometimes the strumpet. I usually referred to the panhead in unloving terms, such as "Start, you son-of-a-biscuit!" My catamaran I named Scar, because it had a two foot scratch in the gelcoat of the starboard hull.

Back