• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Kilamanjaro

cwadej

Reaction score
I love my Kilamanjaro. You may remmebr my thread about it needing a drawstring at the bottom hem. it works great.

Which brings me here, and now.

On Tuesday I rode up to Wichita Falls for a school on the Air Force base. A decent rain came in that night. Thanks to the coat I stayed nice and dry.

The next day i put the coat on to go for a ride. Dropped my phone in the from right pocket. You know the one. Velcro tabs on the flap, whic has a small overlap to keep rain out.

So I go for the phone a little bit later. What's this? An inch of water in my pocket!?!?! NO! Cant be! Yup, was :eek2:

So my phone was dead. i pulled the battery before doing anything. Drained the water out, flung it out, then let it dry. Next day, it appears dry. It won't do anything. Nothing, nada, zip, zilch.

So now I'm stuck up here with out a phone. Luckily a friend has an older Blackjack, that will hopefully be mailed to me on Tuesday. We'll see.

I've heard of putting the phone in a big bag of rice for a day or two. The rice should absorb the moisture from inside the phone. A friend revived a soaked iPhone recently using this trick.

Back