• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Big Bend TOMORROW

Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Baker
I gave up on heading north, since the weather flipped early this year in CO/UT and I'd be camping in the cold. I'm heading to Big Bend to bike camp on a R1200GSA leaving tomorrow to miss the weekend and next week's rains. If anyone wants to join in, PM or respond. I apologize its very late notice, but am packing the bike up now. Will probably ride out day 1, camp 3 days or so then ride back in one day. Will take the nicer hill country backroads down towards Iraan then slab it 45 miles to Ft. Stockton and drop south.

Dont forget to ride Pinto Canyon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't go, but say hi to the Krulls from me if you see them.

It would be great to run into them. I think I have Robert's cell unless he changed it. I may give him a shout and say hello. Now, does anyone know if Pinto Canyon is big bike friendly? Looks like it may be. Running by myself out there I don't want to get the big pig stuck and run out of beer :-)

If Pinto Canyon isn't muddy, then yeah, it's big bike friendly. After big rains, it gets to be a handfull... I also really like Casa Piedra Rd.

It would be great to run into them. I think I have Robert's cell unless he changed it. I may give him a shout and say hello. Now, does anyone know if Pinto Canyon is big bike friendly? Looks like it may be. Running by myself out there I don't want to get the big pig stuck and run out of beer :-)

Same number still. Good to have a contact down there if you have problems.

Well its a bummer but had to leave BB early due to incoming weather (on Sunday after only one day in the park) so did not connect with the Krulls. Next time for sure. Dang lucky I wimped out and did the 500 miles back with a twist of haste, given the hill country route I always take ended up with bridges missing and roads closed on Monday.

Glad you made it home safe. I know some buddy's that were supposed to have left Wednesday to go out to the Ranch and NP. Haven't heard if they went or what .

We just got back. Fought the weather a little bit, but not awful. Day 1 State Park, Botella and Papalote areas, put down a 100 hard miles, some slop. Still nobody home at Ramon's House. Day 2 Maverick, River Rd, Old Ore, Marathon, Lake Ament, put down about 200 miles. About puked when i crossed paths with a mini van out there. Day 3 rain and mud, limited the dirt travel to some Terlingua Ranch sneaker trails, then slabbed it to the Basin, slab to Santa Elena, then Maverick home. It was a good time. I swear the people watching at the porch is getting more and more interesting.

Taking a nap under my desk today. ;-)

Had to look at your username three times before o recognized it

But now I actually go places again. Work is highly overrated.

bb 42 chisos.jpg

Back