• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Black Friday Getaway Ride

Maybe change the name to Goldilocks ride instead of Black Friday ride . LOL.

Maybe change the name to Goldilocks ride instead of Black Friday ride . LOL.
If you enjoy riding in 95+ degree heat and getting to sleep in 80+ degrees with ridiculous humidity, knock yourself out. I don't. I'll be waiting until at least October to consider doing a ride like this again. Keep in mind this ride happened Iast November.

Last edited:
If you enjoy riding in 95+ degree heat and getting to sleep in 80+ degrees with ridiculous humidity, knock yourself out. I don't. I'll be waiting until at least October to consider doing a ride like this again. Keep in mind this ride happened Iast November.

2 words, HOTEL CAMPING

Wm...are you doing the tx500 to junction nov 2-4 ?

Hotels are comparatively expensive, but a decent solution.

I won't be able to say about that ride in November until we're a bit closer.

definitely worth the expense on these big overnight off pavement rides after 250 miles. i think that room i got for this is $53 final cost.

Hope you can make it, seems like a lot of folks are.

Well guys, I figure this is a good a place to post it as any. I'm fine riding for the year. DR is totaled. I'll mend. Looking at going lighter for my next bike. 99% sure it'll be a Beta 500RR-S. Looking forward to breaking it in with y'all next year!

Well guys, I figure this is a good a place to post it as any. I'm fine riding for the year. DR is totaled. I'll mend. Looking at going lighter for my next bike. 99% sure it'll be a Beta 500RR-S. Looking forward to breaking it in with y'all next year!

What happened? Hope you're OK! On the new bike, I highly recommend a KTM 500 EXC-F dual sport! I have a 2018 & it is hands down the best bike I have ever owned & parts are much easier to find than Beta parts.

Holy smokes. I hope you are all right.
Speedy recovery.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Glad you’re gonna be OK. Heal quickly.

Thanks guys. I'm healing fine. Reinjured my foot, broke a shoulder blade, bruised a knee, and broke a tooth. Oral surgery next Monday for the broken tooth and my wisdom teeth. I'll be really down for a few days after that. Long term everything is looking really good though. Pain is manageable, should get better as the bruises heal. No surgeries to fix bones, it's all going to heal fine.

I really appreciate the well wishes and I can't wait to get back out riding with you guys!

Tourmiester, since Ian is out, any chance in you doing a one day Houston county and north one day deal?

If I can get my garage back together so I can work on my bikes, and then get the work done that needs to be done, maybe :-P

I need to replace wheel and steering head bearings on the 530. I also need to figure out why the valve cover gasket was leaking oil pretty bad the last time I started the bike.

If I can't get the 530 up and running in time, I might take the GS. If I take a kid with me my chances of being able to get out for a ride go up considerably :-P

I hope ya'll can get something together. I'll do something good when I get beck in the saddle. Can't wait to break in the new bike when I get it!

I hope ya'll can get something together. I'll do something good when I get beck in the saddle. Can't wait to break in the new bike when I get it!

Oh, yes, beta 500. Kman, just told us that he hasn't had a lick of trouble with his.

Sorry to hear this but glad your injuries not so serious and you're healing. What happened? Street accident?

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear this but glad your injuries not so serious and you're healing. What happened? Street accident?

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
Yep. I went out chasing sport bikes on the DR instead of riding alone. Won't make that mistake again. Didn't make a corner on 3090 because I was watching the guy in front and not my speedo. Bike hit a tree, I didn't. Frame is bent. RIP DR.

Got a good deal on a replacement. The Beta was going to be too expensive. I'll get it set up and we'll get a ride going when I'm healed up!
912db20670a823fe53ddda07b85d31c7.jpg
663fc5bbc869e908770b867745e1e875.jpg

Last edited:
This just showed up Instagram, you're famous now. Congrats.
951c4c74d2c55161bdd3e79bef263f3a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Back