• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Daytona shifter on Sprint ST

Reaction score
Since I had to replace the shifter anyway (bent in my fall), I thought that I'd try the Daytona shifter. This shifter eliminates all the linkage. I'm still messing around with the position (I had it too high on my only ride so far) but it feels much more solid than the original one did. The only drawback is that it puts the shifter closer to the peg. I haven't had any problems yet, but when I go on a more realistic ride (20 minutes this week end doesn't count), I'll give you my impressions. I hope that it works out, because I'm already sold on how solid it feels and shifts.

Bill

Sounds interesting. What size boot do you wear? I don't have any complaints about my shifter so far, but if you think there's a substantial improvement by going with the Daytona set up, I'd be interested in hearing more about it.

I wear a size 11 but I think I got a 45 or 46 (European). I wear the Triumph Adventure boots. I'm going to try to get some web site space this week, if I do, I'll take some pictures and post them.

I was getting a false neutral more often than I thought I should. There were times when I was tired and got a little sloppy, but I'm too lazy to think about "preloading" the shifter each time I want to shift. I'm hoping that the shorter distance is just something that I have to get used to.

Back