• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

CT90 Overhaul

SL350

Reaction score
My CT90 that I took to Big Bend this year was running but it was hesitating off the line and threatening to die in front of traffic. Usually that means resetting the carb fuel to air mixture with the pilot jet and idle speed. That didn't work so I took the carb apart and inspected and all was well. I know the compression was down cause I have two CT's and this one bump starts so easily while the other locks up the rear wheel. I do have a compression tester but thought it was time to overhaul anyway.

last night I drained the oil and gas. Removed the pipe and carby. Later today I will remove the head and jug. Love it cause I don't even have to remove the engine to do a top end.

Pics after I remove the head. Since I already have a second over piston and rings leftover from another overhaul that went fourth over, this is going to be cheap.

Back