• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Christmas in Big Bend

Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Gibbens
I was in Big Bend on a family vacation during Christmas and managed to get in a fun ride in the national park with a group of riders. I don't have a ride report but I did take a few pics.
_1160042-XL.jpg

_1160044-XL.jpg

_1160046-XL.jpg

_1160047-XL.jpg

_1160021-XL.jpg

_1160022-XL.jpg

_1160023-XL.jpg

_1160024-XL.jpg

_1160025-XL.jpg

_1160026-XL.jpg

_1160031-XL.jpg

_1160032-XL.jpg

_1160035-XL.jpg

You can see all my pictures here.

Last edited:
Great photos.

It was a great going for a ride with you and JT.

Nice shooting, Richard....

Question: The shots towards the end were considerably noisier. Did a cloud cover come in and obscure light so much that you had to really hammer the ISO up? I see the DOF also increased quite a bit which would add light requirements.

Nice shooting, Richard....

Question: The shots towards the end were considerably noisier. Did a cloud cover come in and obscure light so much that you had to really hammer the ISO up? I see the DOF also increased quite a bit which would add light requirements.

No, the noise is from me fat-handling the camera.

Spent the last five days at BBNP and the weather was PERFECT! Nights were chilly for good sleeping and days were just right for great riding. Seems to me the park people are grading the River Road more frequently. There is little sand compared to previous years. Despite all the camp sites INSIDE the park being full, there were not many people out on the paved and dirt roads in the park. I'd like to get back down there early next month.

Back