• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Game Changer in 8th Place - Roof of Africa

Well, fuel injected two stokes in the snow machine world are common already,and so are two stoke outboard boat motors. It will be nice to have two strokes motorcycles injected like four strokes already are. Rumor is that KTM two strokes will be fuel-injected from the factory in 2018. Rumor is also that KTM has been sitting on the technology for many years, and was waiting until tighter emission regulations forced their hand.

More convenient, less emissions ,yes, but I don't think we will see street legal two strokes or dual sports again. Now, that, would be a game changer. A modern RZ 350 engine in an Adventure bike would be fun.

I've had good results with the MicroSquirt system on TWs. Can't imagine 2-stroke or 4-stroke would make much difference except maintenance of the 02 sensor in the exhaust.

Well, fuel injected two stokes in the snow machine world are common already,and so are two stoke outboard boat motors. It will be nice to have two strokes motorcycles injected like four strokes already are. Rumor is that KTM two strokes will be fuel-injected from the factory in 2018. Rumor is also that KTM has been sitting on the technology for many years, and was waiting until tighter emission regulations forced their hand.

More convenient, less emissions ,yes, but I don't think we will see street legal two strokes or dual sports again. Now, that, would be a game changer. A modern RZ 350 engine in an Adventure bike would be fun.

I like your thinking there. A FI RZ 350 look out!:eek2: Could not keep the front wheel down.:deal:

Back