• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Looking for beginner instructor

Reaction score
First Name
James
Last Name
Mendell
My wife is wanting to learn how to ride! Anyone willing or able to teach basic fundamentals of MC riding? She is vertically challenged at 5 2 tall so a smaller dirt bike would be best. Any advise or referrals appreciated. Call James at (936)*293-0581

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeanne was a beginner and we took the MSF then started her training. The MSF made for great fundamentals to start. Worked out really well.

I believe the course is offered in CS. you can look under the DPS website, Motorcycle Safety Unit and they have a site for training centers. There is also one in Magnolia.

They do it here in Huntsville at TDC site on 45.

Basic stuff I could do at Sterling Ranch in Willis.

Be careful about charging for or paying for lessons in TX. It is strictly regulated by the State (the PAY may be the issue).
In College Station, this is the provider and schedule right now:

http://www.trainingwheelstexas.com/index.html
College Station: (Friday 6p-10p, Saturday 7a-6p (with a lunch break), Sunday 7a-4p (with a lunch break))
April 21-23, 2017: currently full
April 28-30, 2017: currently full
May 5-7, 2017: currently full
May 19-21, 2017: currently full
June 9-11, 2017
June 16-18, 2017
July 7-9, 2017
July 21-23, 2017
July 28-30, 2017

Be careful about charging for or paying for lessons in TX. It is strictly regulated by the State (the PAY may be the issue).
In College Station, this is the provider and schedule right now:

http://www.trainingwheelstexas.com/index.html
College Station: (Friday 6p-10p, Saturday 7a-6p (with a lunch break), Sunday 7a-4p (with a lunch break))
April 21-23, 2017: currently full
April 28-30, 2017: currently full
May 5-7, 2017: currently full
May 19-21, 2017: currently full
June 9-11, 2017
June 16-18, 2017
July 7-9, 2017
July 21-23, 2017
July 28-30, 2017

Good point, but I wouldn't dare charge! Just help a little.

Don't know if your interested but MRH rider training (sponser here) in Cypress area(1960 @ 290) offers an all women's course taught by Women instructors.

Don't know if your interested but MRH rider training (sponser here) in Cypress area(1960 @ 290) offers an all women's course taught by Women instructors.

Do u have contact info, that might be perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MSF Basic Rider Course is a good start. MSF Dirt Bike Closed and Trail courses are also excellent for beginners. Even though mostly rostered by children, they are a good start for anyone.

Lots of course offering competitors. Some are as good, but seldom better for beginners, others not worth a hoot for beginners because the curriculum is not learner responsive, but excellent for more experienced riders. Check references carefully

Back