• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

May 27th-29th Bill's ashes make a run up Cerro Potosi-Galeana Mexico

Reaction score
First Name
Zeke
Last Name
Mtz
Its short notice but we have room for 2 more riders. 3 days 2 nights only.

GALEANA is basecamp:

1st day: McAllen to Horsetail Falls to Cienega de Gonzales to Laguna de Sanchez to Mesa de Oso to Rayones to Galeana.

2nd day: Cerro Potosi summit maybe via western route either ascend or descend, spread good ole Bill's ashes, to Cienega del Toro to Rayones and back to Galeana via same way of
TAIL OF THE DRAGON

3rd day: Back home via Rayones to Montemorelos via RIVER crossings.

optional 2nd day: South of Iturbide loops (full day offroading) weather dictates.

optional 3rd day: Cerro Potosi trek etc - depends on weather up top of summit, clear skies dictate. then back home via RIVER crossings

:party: :flip: NO Fees, just show up and tag along.

The planned routes are always flexible and can adjust to riding conditions..

Riders committed so far to this adventure:
1) Fang
2) Danny
3) Alpine
4) Kayakkawakid

Riders considering it:
1) Dmux
2) Subcomm
3) PhilipBarrett

Somewhere in between we getting some delicious orange chicken preferably in Linares !!!

Last edited:
This looks good but due to work commitments I won't be able to commit to this until the very last minute.

No worries muchachos, just let me know...

Thanks guys

Last edited:
And we riding small bikes thou depends on skill level, ive seen up to a ktm 1000 ride all these routes.

Last edited:
Can't make that one, but leaving for another solo run soon. MX is calling me!

Hey Zeke, I like to go, but I have to be in Arkansas that weekend.

Galeeeeeaaaana, Galeeeeeaaaaana, is waiting, adventure, offroad, good food, kickass scenery, paved twisties, cerveza cheap, im just saying...what more do you want...let me know mis amigos...

Galeeeeeaaaana, Galeeeeeaaaaana, is waiting, adventure, offroad, good food, kickass scenery, paved twisties, cerveza cheap, im just saying...what more do you want...let me know mis amigos...

I want to say I'm in, but I'm also on standby for some work projects that will take me out of the state that weekend. I won't know for sure until a day or two before we would leave for Galeana.

Sounds like fun. It got too many other trips planned to slip this one in.

I want to say I'm in, but I'm also on standby for some work projects that will take me out of the state that weekend. I won't know for sure until a day or two before we would leave for Galeana.
cool, last minute rides r always what happens to most of us, its hard to get the stars to align, keep us posted...

Whelp, I'm out.
Just had a guy turn in his notice at work, so guess who gets to pick up his projects. :angryfire

I'm not getting out of anything in the near future.

Whelp, I'm out.
Just had a guy turn in his notice at work, so guess who gets to pick up his projects. :angryfire

I'm not getting out of anything in the near future.
it wasnt meant to b, it wasnt in d cards, mayb we can setup a BB ride after d summer towards d mine, but for now ?worky worky?

October is a great time to,visit B.B.
Plus no extra insurance required, visa and TVIP.

Last edited:
I think I can join y'all.

cool steve, you in for sure ?

if everyone who has chimed in and was interested wants to go, we can make it 7 riders, no worries, it would be a pleasure to ride with my friends again. Besides we know each other well enough and our style of riding that we will be like a one well oiled riding machine, chugging along, all in sync, no need for words, we just ride.

Last edited:
Yeah. I'm pretty sure I'm in.
It will be really good to see you!

Its short notice but we have room for 2 more riders. 3 days 2 nights only. ...

As nice as an overnight B&B with my wife on the 230F in Crown King AZ was yesterday (65 degrees, sunny, 6300 feet of crisp air), this post is one huge reason I am missing Texas. Ya'll have great fun!

We in galeana boys, everyone accounted for, no serious mishaps except i had fuel tank pressured issues great scenery, awesome riding

We sure did, already having a beer...

But sad to say that out of many restaurants, none but one had beer. The Galeana atmosphere has changed. I dont know how 60+ riders during October's Mextrek are going to eat. Doug we miss you man, see you next week bud.

Last edited:
Back