• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Search for another VFR saga.

Reaction score
How about this great late spring riding weather? I wish I could take advantage of it. Took the SV to M-U and Suzanne sold it in 4 hours. I picked up my check Thursday and I thought I’d found a replacement VFR in North Carolina. An original owner 2000 yellow VFR! We made a deal over the phone and I planned to head out Friday AM to pick it up. I tried to send him some money to seal the deal but he said not to worry, see you Saturday. Well, he called late Thursday evening to tell me someone showed up with cash and he took it. At least he called before I left the driveway. I’m a little bummed!

Any way, if I can’t find another VFR I’m thinking about a CBR of some type. Does anyone know where I can find the ergonomic dimensions for a 929 or F4I. Also does any one have any experience with these CBR models? I can’t ride any thing without a Sargent seat and they only make one for the 929. I seem to remember the 929 not being all that aggressive by today’s standards. I know when the 954 came out they were closer to track spec than the 929.

Having owned a VFR, I have allot of confidence in the design and longevity of the motor. I don’t think you can hurt it with a little common sense and proper care. I’ve never considered a CBR and don’t have any data points to compare.

Any help appreciated,
Hugh

PM Skid. He has a 2000 for sale, no idea about the price. I've seen it and it looks to be in good shape.

Adios,

I also have a '98. It has 23K miles, givi bags, corbon seat, heli bars, double bubble screen, and some other touring mods. I also have the stock stuff. Valves checked, battery replaced last summer.

$5500, and I live in Plano ;-)

I've had a few VFR's and one F4i and I'd say stick with VFR's. The cbr has awesome handling but it's small, cramped, and is a somewhat frantic feeling bike in comparison. Haven't ridden any of the 900 series.

Looks like I made another deal. I won't say another word till it happens though. :lol: If all goes well I'll have her in my garage Monday eveing.
Back to being VFR Hugh

Success!! I made a deal with a guy in Georgia for a 2000 yellow VFR with 15,000 miles. We met in Pascagoula, MS Sunday and sealed the deal. The bike was in better shape than I had hoped. It has Metzeler Sportec M-1s with alot of tread depth left. It's stock other than Heli bars and a Micron pipe. I didn’t think I needed the bars but after riding it, I might keep them on for a while. I’ve ordered a Sargent seat already and I’m going to put on a good rear shock and the Race-tech front fork cure (springs & Gold valves) as soon as I can. I’d like to replace the brake lines and add frame sliders but haven’t had any luck finding them yet.

Being tired of micro packing, I’m looking at the Ventura system for trip luggage. Anyone have any experience with them?
Later,
VFRHugh again!!
new_vfr.jpg

Wow, very nice Viffer. Love the yellow. Good thing you didnt post anything earlier and possibly jinx the deal like last time.

I love my sargent seat and am also looking at doing the front fork thing soon.

Gonna bring it up to Arkansas at the end of the month to play with us? ;-) ;-)

I'd like to but I doubt I can get away till the September time frame. I work with Brian Montgomery's dad so I'm not all that anxious to go riding for awhile.
Hugh

Mmm... understandable. :-| Congrats on getting the bike though ;-)

Adios,

Back