• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hill Country 500: Nov 5-6, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like to attend need to trailer down from Louisiana need to camp Friday and place to leave vehicle and trailer

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

You are welcome to the ranch in Johnson City. There is plenty of room to leave your vehicle and trailer, super safe, open buy private area.

The official address is below. Between now and then I will work on some additional camping options, not just by the house, but maybe down on the river too next to a running spring. Its beautiful lush Bermuda grass down there, just have to work on some logistics...

795 Old River Crossing
Johnson City, TX

Count me in. New to the group, coming down from fort Worth. Looking forward to it.
Thanks

Welcome to the group...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kubotamiketx.
I am going to try to make this ride. I plan on trailering to your ranch and sleeping in my van.
Really appreciate it.

Dannyboy, the more the merrier !!!

Will work out some more details as we get closer to the date, but plan on staying for sure.

Guys, just a thought, need to run it by the big boss, but we have a small ranch in Johnson City which is only 15 miles from the start at Blanco. There is a small house and lots of land to camp on...

What do you campers think, interested? Can have as big of a camp fire as we like, even camping options down on the Pedernales river next to a spring with acres of Bermuda grass...

Just floating the idea, thoughts?

:eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2: yes please!:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Guys, just a thought, need to run it by the big boss, but we have a small ranch in Johnson City which is only 15 miles from the start at Blanco. There is a small house and lots of land to camp on...

What do you campers think, interested? Can have as big of a camp fire as we like, even camping options down on the Pedernales river next to a spring with acres of Bermuda grass...

I would love to have a place to leave my truck and trailer.

We have homecoming on Friday night. I cannot leave until after the game, so I will get in very late. I will probably get a hotel in Johnson City.

The official address is below. Between now and then I will work on some additional camping options, not just by the house, but maybe down on the river too next to a running spring. Its beautiful lush Bermuda grass down there, just have to work on some logistics...

795 Old River Crossing
Johnson City, TX

Shoot. I'll just plan on staying here for the whole weekend instead

Shoot. I'll just plan on staying here for the whole weekend instead

I've had the grand tour. Staying for the weekend is a great choice!

Hey we have to ride sometime . . .

JT it is green again so it looks much better now than the crispy period you and SAB were there.

I would so like to do this ride, but my new job has me working Saturdays. Is it possible to come down Saturday evening and do the Sunday part?

I have made my reservations for Saturday at the Best Western that Richard suggested. Friday night I should pull in by 11 or so. Mike would it be possible to join your camp grounds?

I made reservation for camping. I'd like to join the ride. 2002 BMWGSA

Just booked a room in Johnson city for Friday night, and a room in Kerville for Saturday night. I will be going up early Friday morning and doing some riding that day. I may like to leave my truck and trailer at the camp grounds if there will be room. I have ridden with some of you before, and enjoyed it a lot. Looking
forward to the ride.:rider:

I read "70mph capable", but would like to join Saturday, on small bike (WR250R).

1. Are the small bikes not allowed? Or are there other small bike riders who would like to make a slower (on pavement) paced group?

2. I would like to meet in Bandera as group flows threw that area. I can be in a predetermined place, at designated time prior to the group passing, so as not to inconvience the group, and just flow into the ride...:rider:

Will gladly pay full price :sun:

Absolutely, small bikes are allowed. For those on small bikes who can't attain 70 mph are welcome to do as you suggest - form their own group of bikes with similar capabilities.

Gang, sorry I have been off the forums for sometime, I had one heck of a hospital stay that sucked the life out of me, but I am home again and operating at about 75% should be to about 90% soon...

The offer still stands for anybody who wants to come by on Friday before the ride and hangout, camp or just leave their tow vehicles on the property in Johnson City are more than welcome. Depending on who / when we can goof around with some fishing in the Pedernales river, skeet shooting, grill something or just sit around a fire and bench race.

It is an easy ride Saturday morning from the JC ranch to the meetup point in Blanco, then just come back anytime your are done and load up at your leisure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back