• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

GP Event near Austin seeking Sponsors/Volunteers

Reaction score
A new format is in the ground floor planning stages for a proof of concept event that could lead to more fun.

Sat. 4 wheel, Sun. 2 wheel, very few large groups, short schedule, 1hr.+ ride time, mostly open natural terrain focused on FUN & safety. There's more surprises, it's way outside the box. :sun:

Interested parties contact "JD" John Depperschmidt
512-659-2309 jddepperschmidt@msn.com

Definitely Dirty. The idea is to create a course that is D rider, Vet & Vintage friendly, yet appeals to MX riders who won't do bark busters, and Enduro and Scramble riders who don't frequent tracks. I am trying to create something all inclusive, including spectator friendly. The few of us involved are crazy pumped about it but realize we need help to do something special.

I hope to meet you there, we are shooting for May.

Last edited:
Interested to learn more. Following...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The plan is for a majority of wide trails and some MX with alternate Joker lanes in an spectator friendly viewable venue. It is designed to appeal to the masses (majority) that are not A/B level riders and welcome Enduro and Scramble riders that would prefer to have more room to get out of 2nd gear but aren't into MX and also welcome MX rider's that don't jump like a Pro but prefer not to bust bark in tight single track. Vets, Vintage, Beginners and C/D level riders will be comfortable and welcome. There are no classes, only 4 ride groups established by taking practice/qualifying times and dividing it. Lemans starts and mandatory pit stops requiring a jersey change will make it more "fun" and less serious racing and keep spectators interested. 2- 30 minute "Moto's" will make sure seat time is not a problem and make for a short day starting at 10am and over by 4pm.

Back