• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SAN ANTONIO: SOLD 2009 Versys Adventure

I shared this post with some friends. HOpefully you get a bite soon.

I really like the description of this bike. I've got a KLX400R (green DRZ400E) that I'm going to put up for trade/sale and the Versys is on my trade/buy list. Your converted bike is one I'm really going to consider if it's still around. But, it'll be at least 3-4 weeks before I can round up all my greenE stuff and get it ready to sale/trade as some is still out of town. Yours will prolly be gone by then but I'll keep checking.

Ron

A year or so ago I would have been interested in your KLX400R on a trade, but I don't plan on riding any single track anymore. Your KLX is a great little bike, wish I was interested in a trade.

I have had it listed here since May, at this rate I will still have it so come check it out.

Thanks Ron.

Yeah, I'm through with ST. Last time out I was so bonked I managed to catch a big rock with my left knee, went off the trail and dangled way longer than I wanted before my nephew noticed I was no longer behind him. Wouldn't have been a bad situation but my right leg was trapped under the bike and there was no terra firma to get my left foot onto so I could lift up. No place to go. Got to thinking that if I'd been alone I might have ended up as bear food that night. Anyway, I'll stick with roads of all types now. Almost 76 is too old to be doing that to myself.

Meanwhile, I'll be reading the JDRocks build thread to find out more about this conversion.

ron

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm through with ST. Last time out I was so bonked I managed to catch a big rock with my left knee, went off the trail and dangled way longer than I wanted before my nephew noticed I was no longer behind him. Wouldn't have been a bad situation but my right leg was trapped under the bike and there was no terra firma to get my left foot onto so I could lift up. No place to go. Got to thinking that if I'd been alone I might have ended up as bear food that night. Anyway, I'll stick with roads of all types now. Almost 76 is too old to be doing that to myself.

Meanwhile, I'll be reading the JDRocks build thread to find out more about this conversion.

ron

JDRocks was my main source when I was building this bike as he gives detailed info of what he has done to his builds. Great guy too.
I ride alone so much that I ride roads of all types too. This bikes handles them all with no problems.

Here I sit all broken hearted
Trying to sell the Versys
It hasn't been seen or started

The right person will someday be delighted
As they ride off on their Versys
All happy and excited

So don't be broken hearted
When you had the chance to ride
But you sat there and only ******

So get off your tail
Bring me cash
It's ready to take you for a dash

Your bike building skills are excellent, poetry, well....

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I can't believe this AdVersys hasn't sold. Only 6k miles? Fork, and rear shock upgrades AND 19" front wheel? Amazing value.

Heck, I don't even know why your selling it. You need to take it out to pipe creek and ride with us this month.

Last edited by a moderator:
If this is still available once I sell my KTM, you will have a buyer. I need a commuter replacement for my beautiful Aprilia Tuono paperweight and a Versys Adventure would be a good compromise between a sport bike and supermoto since I'll have to go from 2 to 1 bike.

If this is still available once I sell my KTM, you will have a buyer. I need a commuter replacement for my beautiful Aprilia Tuono paperweight and a Versys Adventure would be a good compromise between a sport bike and supermoto since I'll have to go from 2 to 1 bike.

Sounds good.?

Back