• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Same Old People Riding to Work Today!

STCPO

Reaction score
SAD SAD. Only two extra bikes in the parking lot of my office building with over 1000 people in it and on the way into work I saw the same old bikes I see every day.

Don't people know they can reduce their stress levels if they would ride to work everyday.

Maybe nobody wanted to polish all their chrome bits twice this week.

Pete

I never see anyone else riding when I ride to work. Of course, I ride out into the boonies to get to work. I used to work for Lockheed in Clear Lake and we had several thousand people spread among a few buildings. I don't recall ever seeing a single motorcycle in all my time there. For me riding to work is great therapy. However, if I had to ride in DFW on the freeways, I would not do it. It is just not worth the stress and risk.

I rode in this morning. I got caught in a heavy rain shower.. lol I had my rain gear, pulled over on the side of the beltway, spent 5 minutes putting on my rain gear. Re-joined the traffic flow and was only back about 5 cars from where I pulled off. The Beltway was sloooooooowwwww this morning. My bike is the only one in the parking lot.

I had to help some people move today and I have yet to figure out how to stuff a kitchen table into my Givi case, so I drove the truck. :( And to make it worse, my seat still hasn't arrived due to UPS trying to deliver while I'm at work. They won't even take the little signed notice! Grrrr! :angryfir: I'd better have it by the weekend or my butt is going to kill me. :moon:

What Scott said...riding in DFW is just making yourself a moving target, INCREASES stress level (got cut off twice this morning by the same MF!), and is just too freaking hot this time of year. THat said, I rode in this morning to Lockheed FW, and yes, there were about 50% more bikes than usual (most are cruisers).

On the upshot, I've got an interview with Lockheed in Littleton CO, next week. Looks like some incredible riding just outside the office door. Wonder what their tardy/absentee tolerance is....

arcangel said:
What Scott said...riding in DFW is just making yourself a moving target, INCREASES stress level (got cut off twice this morning by the same MF!), and is just too freaking hot this time of year. THat said, I rode in this morning to Lockheed FW, and yes, there were about 50% more bikes than usual (most are cruisers).

On the upshot, I've got an interview with Lockheed in Littleton CO, next week. Looks like some incredible riding just outside the office door. Wonder what their tardy/absentee tolerance is....

I ride every day to work. However, I live in McKinney and I only commute to Plano, so my time in the traffic is not bad. I agree with you, DFW is not the place I would want to commute via bike on a daily basis. I would not be doing it if I had to go into Dallas/FTW proper.

Good luck with the interview next week!

Cheers,
Pete

I wish I could have ridden to work today, but I also had physical therapy today ... and the therapist gives me a real hard arm twisting when she HEARS about me even thinking about being back on a bike so soon after the wreck.

Oh well ... what she doesn't know won't hurt her. :)

I rode my bike in on Wednesday. Was having second thoughts though with rain in the forecast. Just missed all the showers to and from work. However, I really did not see any other bikes.

Back