• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Is my luck running out, or what?

tgfan

Reaction score
1. Riding back today from the "Traveling East" ride, I am tooling along near Mineola around 55mph, and this small white *** car is maybe 50 to 100 yards in front of me, and I hear a loud "POP". That pop was the result of wind getting under the car's hood, the hood somehow letting go, and snapping up against the windshield. Have you ever watched racing on TV, and a hood comes loose, and flies a hundred feet straight up, then down behind the car? Man, am I glad that didn't happen. Only a little piece of plastic came bounding back at me.

2. Yesterday, while driving(in my car this time) to Lufkin, there was this logging truck about a hundred yards in front of me, and I hear a loud POP, and, sure enough, it throws a huge tire carcass right in front of me. Fortunately, I was able to evade it.

3. Is there going to be a #3? And how bad is it going to be?!!!!!!!!

You'll be riding along and you'll hear a loud "POP" ... the ammunition hauler in front of you will explode into a fireball which will consume the gas station you are riding past in a cataclismic eruption of flames and black oily smoke.

You will have to leap off your burning motorcycle while still moving and with your leathers on fire.

Over to the right of screen Antonio Badereas is standing in a white tank top with RayBan sunglasses, sort of sexy/disheveled looking hair all akimbo (if you're female you'll notice this first) with a supercharged bazooka resting back across his right shoulder.

Sort of smiling.

Camera pans left to follow his gaze as he turns his head, sound track kicks in, your luck changes dramatically when you fall into the kids swimming pool the director had placed there for comic relief.

tgfan said:
2. Yesterday, while driving(in my car this time) to Lufkin, there was this logging truck about a hundred yards in front of me, and I hear a loud POP, and, sure enough, it throws a huge tire carcass right in front of me. Fortunately, I was able to evade it.

Opening scene "Final Destination 2"...... gave me the creeps!!! :shock: :shock:

Maybe, just maybe, that was #2 and #3 - I had a riding mower dumped in front of me last weekend - see the "Hard 8" thread under story telling. :-(

Maybe, between the 2 of us we accounted for all 3! :-D

Sounds to me like your luck is running pretty well. I'd much rather witness something like that than be a part of it.

Best not to be in front, or behind a log truck. Those rigs scare me.

Back