• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Where am I? (Can you place this picture...?)

P1010780.jpg

I was out killing bugs today. 467 bug killing miles. :rider:

Trinity River Bridge at Riverside.

The old bridge that was replaced.

Posting with Tapatalk for iPhone.

Need a hint?

I guess it would be fair to say it's located just to the west of the piney woods.

What is it Tony?

A cannon. :mrgreen:

I didn't have time to see if there was a marker, the group had gone ahead of me and I was trying to catch up with them. The next time I'm in Fairfield I plan to go back and see what information may be there.

Posting with Tapatalk for iPhone.

It's one of six cannons 'claimed' by confederates at the Battle of Val Verde. Four are buried somewhere, not sure about the fifth and that's the sixth. The six together were known as the Val Verde Battery. I think that one is still fired on occasion.

I'll post my picture in a little bit.

So s it my turn? I see Maintainer posted some pictures. I know it took me a little longer than normal, but it was just yesterday.

Anyway, here's mine.

20120416-mu11uxcmh1j29h5ief5hq9buur.jpg

Maintainer - you're out of turn. Go back and read the rules on Post #1. :deal:

photojojo has the ball...

One-Minute-Club is current up through this post. My hat is off to those who are "Members". :clap:

And I've come to the conclusion I miss that old mandarin pig seeing it in all those shots. The big GSA? Pretty, but I don't miss it like the pig....

One-Minute-Club is current up through this post. My hat is off to those who are "Members". :clap:

And I've come to the conclusion I miss that old mandarin pig seeing it in all those shots. The big GSA? Pretty, but I don't miss it like the pig....

To be fully updated, you could update my name. :trust:

Back