• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Custom Molded Ear Plugs?

kurt

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Last Name
Brown
I'm tired of foam plugs and can't wait until the motorcycle show in November. The audiologist wants $130 to custom mold ear plugs, does anyone know a source in Central Texas that is more reasonable?

I paid around $150 for custom molded earplugs with built-in speakers-$130 is a bit steep for plain molded earplugs unless the audiologist is going to give you a hearing exam as well. As mentioned, $50-60 is about average for plain old molded plugs.

See if there is a shooting range in your area and then ask if they have a source.

Can't remember his screen name but Chris who rides an ST1100 and attends Tarrant Co meet n greet does them. Market Hall Gun show has a guy do them for $40 while you wait.

Central TX? Dunno, check gunshow or range like everyone else said.

If you watch the Prayer Requests then you know I have been having a lot of trouble with my ears latey, and they are doing much better BTW. Anyway after the ENT put tubes in my ears he gave me a pair of these. http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/macaqblocswi.html

These ear plugs are designed to keep out water. They are 100% silicone and the softest things I have ever put in my ear. They feel great! Even though there is not a sound rating on them, the audiologist said they would be good for sound protection because they have three baffels, for lack of a better term, I forget what he called them. I used them for a week and when I went back to the Dr. I asked if I could buy some. I bought two boxes and I have not put anything else in my ears, since I discovered these. I use them on the bike and at work as well as shower and swimming. These are awesome!

I found several audioligists in Round Rock that did them fror less than $100.

Kurt, find the next bike rally. There's usually an audiologist there making plugs at reasonable price. I bought a set at a rally in Jefferson last fall for about $35 and they worked fine until I mislaid them. I hope the next set is as cheap and works as well.

If you just want plugs, I bought a do-it-yourself kit at Walmart (hunting section). They work very well.

On another board, someone posted instructions that basically said, make a small cotton plug with a thread (for removal!) and insert that down in your ear canal before using the kit. Worked out just fine.

Not every Wallyworld seems to carry the kit - can't remember which one around Houston I located it in. Less than $15, as I recall. Way less than hundreds of dollars, though $40 done right by someone else might be a good deal if you futz up a couple of the kits before getting a good pair.

Back