• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

KLR doohickey done or not?

Reaction score
A few months ago I bought an '08 KLR with an unknown history and 6K miles on the clock. I've got 7.5K now. Is there a way to tell if the doo has been done short of pulling the rotor? I know I'll at least have to take off the left cover but I'd rather not buy the parts and tools and, when I get in there, learn it's all for naught.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the reply. Actually, Robert K (don't know his handle here) in Terlingua recommended I get in touch with you but I'd already seen your post about retiring and no longer having the tools. I'm just going to bite the bullet, get the tools and "doo" it whether it needs it or not.

Hope to meet you when you come this way.

Actually, the only tool I purposely got rid of was Eagle Mike's "Bent Wrench"

I got rid of it because if I kept it, I'd still be doing the Doo. Now, I honestly say I can't Doo the Doo, because I don't have the wrench. Plenty of other people Doo. Er, I mean do.

Other than the wrench, the most important thing is a torque wrench for the rotor bolt. You've got to get that right. You can borrow that, as well as the wrench.

Much better though, is to find the guy who replaced me doing these routinely.

I don't know who that is.

Much better though, is to find the guy who replaced me doing these routinely.
Nobody in my neighborhood.

I've got all the tools except the wrench and puller. I'll just buy 'em from Mike. Where does the bushing/spacer go?

Last edited:
I'll be headed out to Terlingua after christmas. Our place is about 2 miles north of the porch if you want me to bring the Doo tools out.

That would be great. I live about 3.5 miles north on South County. I know a few people on this forum. You can ask Uncle who I am.

texaspatrick, I'm trying to send you a PM but it's not working. I live near you on South County Rd. Just ask someone on the porch how to get ahold of the JP.

Thanks again.

Update; I just ordered the kit from EM with the tools. Leaving in a couple of days for a week of deer hunting but will doo the doo when I get back. Thanks to everyone for the info and offers of help.

For us ignorant foreigners, what's a JP? Justice of the Peace? Judge...?

Still learning that in the USA you don't just have police you have half a dozen other titles for what seems the same job!! :)

Gary

Glad to lend the wrench and puller.
I'm near Seton hospital, 38th & Lamar
Used on a 2007 KLR But I think it is the same.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Back