• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Austin Mechanic

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm looking for a new mechanic in Austin. Mainly for tire service and anything I'm not comfortable dealing with. I had a guy with a very good reputation but my last visit made me loose confidence in him.

I took my bike in for a tire change and balance. Usually I take the wheels in but I sold my truck earlier this year. Anyway, when he gave the bike back to me there was almost no air in the front tire and the rear wheel was not rotating freely. I went back and showed him what was happening and he fixed it.

Something was off about him that day and I'm not sue if it was lack of sleep or pharmaceutical driven (legal or illegal). So now I'm looking for a new mechanic that is reliable and puts a lot of value on attention to detail.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
If you find a mechanic that doesn't make a mistake now and then, please let me know, I been looking for one for 50 years. I have done mechacal tech HVAC commercial and industrial work for 45 years and have made my share and always tried to remedy the mistake and apologize and be honest.

If you find a mechanic that doesn't make a mistake now and then, please let me know, I been looking for one for 50 years. I have done mechacal tech HVAC commercial and industrial work for 45 years and have made my share and always tried to remedy the mistake and apologize and be honest.

I understand your point and agree a persons professionalism shouldn't be judged on one mistake. However, there was something really off that day. I was getting the vibe it was more than just being up late or being distracted.

When it comes to someone's safety, I do expect attention to detail.

Cuznbob is my go to guy and always the one I recommend to others.

I too have used Cuznbobs with great results, Did some business with Cycle Refinery at 209 E Ben White a couple weeks ago. I really like the place. mixture of Bikes in for repair, The owner and staff are friendly. I bought a helmet and two pairs of gloves and looked at all the bikes they are working on. Real organized and clean. They have great reviews on web. Has anyone here had wrenching done there. They have several classics in showroom.

Last edited:
Shawn's Cycle off Metric. He stops what he is doing to quickly change my tires and balance them.
Price is fair.

If your in South Austin check out Austin City Power Sports at Stassney Manchaca. I take my tires there to get mounted.

Back