• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New opportunity

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
http://www.trh-cycle.org

It's an old race park from the District 20/STORM days that's pretty fun place to ride. Now we have the chance to get membership privileges. Check the TRH site for details.:rider:

Not a perfect situation as you can only go on open weekends, but there is 15 of them so not bad and price is right. In the Houston area riding options are dwindling unless SHNF gets back online. Then it's just waiting for next storm or whatever to close again. It's been closed since August and doesn't appear to be opening anytime soon. :yawn:

If you like off road riding I would at least consider this.

Disclaimer, I make nothing off this place, lol, just helping fellow riders find a place to enjoy your passion why we can. :giveup:

$13/visit for members isn't bad at all. You think the trails have been maintained?

By the trail map, it does look fun. Wish I still had a dirt bike to check it out as a guest for one last ride.

Last edited:
$13/visit for members isn't bad at all.

By the trail map, it does look fun. Wish I still had a dirt bike to check it out as a guest for one last ride.

Show up and ride a lap on mine!

From what you recall, is the place as easy as SHNF? No way I could handle the physicalness of Barnwell or City Park. If so, I'd definitely take you up on a lap on the CRF. Then hang out for camp food and such. In fact, a camp weekend is overdue for me if a group is up to it.

Just noticed the requirements of being a TRH member for $45 to ride there.

That's almost close enough to ride the 300 over there. I may join the TRH just to get a crack at this place. It will sure beat driving four hours to ride at the Forest or Hidden Falls. One work day should be easy to schedule. Thanks for passing it along.

From what you recall, is the place as easy as SHNF? No way I could handle the physicalness of Barnwell or City Park. If so, I'd definitely take you up on a lap on the CRF. Then hang out for camp food and such. In fact, a camp weekend is overdue for me if a group is up to it.

Not exactly like the forest but nothing technical like Barnwell.

Just noticed the requirements of being a TRH member for $45 to ride there.

Just checked that, bummer, I do there was a guest fee, didn't realize that even guests have to be TRH. Probably insurance regulation.

First ride weekend is Feb. 3rd. My birthday, so lets parteee on the trails! lol

Just checked that, bummer, I do there was a guest fee, didn't realize that even guests have to be TRH. Probably insurance regulation.

Perhaps, I'll give them a call to be positive about being a TRH member for a guest. But I'm pretty sure your b-day weekend is out anyway. February is usually our coldest month too.

It now seems there needs to be a thread dedicated to Brunes in the "Impending dust storms" folder.

Thanks but Brunes is three hours for me. The non-gestapo Kisatchie NF is still my go to.

Worth it for a camp weekend with a good group. You've come out to SHNF for the LifeisgoOd sendoff with the KTM talk group. Man that was long time ago...

Back