• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Preparing KTM 1290 SA for dusty conditions.Any suggestions.

Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Henry
I heard older 1190s sucked dirt into air box s on occasion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been reading about good results using a uni prefilter

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Grease the edge of the air filter where the box top and bottom clamp it together also the air horns , that will stop and dirt from sneaking in . If your going to follow and eat dust for extended periods a easily changed or cleaned prefilter would be handy too .

Thanks everyone for your comments.Ive studyed Some you tube videos and
am confident I can safely ride a few more miles before I need to check and reseal my air box.

My 950 was normal good for 25,000 miles between filter changes , nothing but stock air filters in it . I like my motors clean inside .

Thanks I use them on my 500 EXC too.

One of the chums installed a Rottweiler kit (fuel dongles and all). He has the '15 1190R and said there were signs of dust sneaking in the air box lid. I feel pretty sure that problem can be solved without spending $$$ + for the kit... and I dang sure don't need any more HP. I turn off TC and ABS with enough timid trepidation as it is.

Back