• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SV650S track/hooligan bike

Reaction score
Those that've known me for a while know this will be my third SV650. Yes, it seems to be an addiction. I was innocently picking up tie down loops for the Leakey Loop ride when one of the sales guys wanted to show me something in the back. Turns out it was a slightly crash damaged SV650S. A 2002 model with only 1400 miles, minor damage to only the bodywork due to having frame sliders installed, a gel seat, and a sweet Yoshimura full race carbon fiber exhaust. And only $3k! So the forks are at Traxxion Dynamics now, and they're building me a Penske shock, too. I think next year is going to be the "Year of the Track Day" for me, 'cause my '01 SV650S was really fantastic at Texas World Speedway, and this one oughta be even better. Maybe I'll get up to Texas Motor Speedway, too... At least now I won't have to risk my VFR on the track. Life is good. :chug:

Yet another SV650!

Howdy,

:tab Hehe... lately I have been wishing we still had Beth's SVS. I would love to have it tricked out as a track bike. Recently I got to do a relatively lnog ride on some twisties aboard Brian Jones' 92 Duc 900SS. The bike weighs next to nothing and has lots of ground stomping torque. Unfortunately, it does not handle any better than an SVS on stock suspension and nothing like your SVS with the Race Tech and Ohlins treatment. Then while looking for a bike for Deb, I kept seeing used ones for sale pretty cheap... Oh the torment... :brainsnap

:tab What color did you get? Any pics yet?

Candy Grand Blue

It's the same dark blue as Beth's '01 was... Candy Grand Blue. No pics yet, it's hanging in the shop waiting for the forks to come back from Traxxion Dynamics. The shock arrived today.
Yeah, we should get Deb on it. She'd love it. The pipe is a little loud, but sounds great. I don;t know how well the gel seat will work, but Sargent is just a phone call away...

Back