• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Want a FF, but don't wanna spend on the D800?

Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Seery
Nikon just announced the D600.

Knock $800 and a few ounces off the D800 and you have the D600.

Biggest complaint is the shift from 51 AF points to 39. Moot point if you shoot MF.

Anyway, figured y'all photo-heads would be interested.

Wow.... That should do well for those wanting to make the jump to FF yet are on the fence re: cost.

I'm not really interested, but I'd be curious to see the image quality vs the D7000 and D700.

Rut-Row.... The D600 scores very high marks for image sensor quality. It comes in right behind the D800, and ahead of the D4. :eek2:

LINK

Make these thoughts in my mind go away!!!! :doh:

Must focus on glass next. Must focus on glass next. Must focus on glass next....

99.9 percent of the time the number of megapixels and image sensor quality is indistinguishable in the end product most of us hacks here produce.

It does make one feel good about their purchase, I'll give you that.

So I saw the DxoMark review of the 600's sensor. I know, I know... it is only a measure of the senor and not the overall camera. But coming in with the third best sensor they have ever tested is pretty darn good if you ask me.

Back