• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

NBD!!!!

Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Last Name
S
I haven't posted much lately. Back in December I bought a Sportster that need some love. I stripped it down to the frame, brought all of the necessary pieces and systems up to snuff only to find that...I don't like Harleys. In the 6 weeks I've had the Harley on the road, I kept finding myself trying to take away its essential character.

It then occurred to me: Dude! Just buy what you want instead of trying to make the HD be something its not!

Well, New to me is a 2007 B1250. Its got some mileage on her (34k), but she's a one owner and pretty well maintained. The part I like is that its 100% stock, down to the chunky exhaust can and mudflap - and will probably stay that way. I have some sorting to do to get it to become mine, but overall I'm VERY happy!

Attachments

• 00o0o_92BU3hvL0WL_600x450.jpg
    00o0o_92BU3hvL0WL_600x450.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 122
  • Zook first home med.jpg
    Zook first home med.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 113
At 34,000 miles it is just broken in.
Lots of miles left on her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Congrats on a nice pick! This is one of my "choices" for the next bike, just thinking about the extra weight compared to the FZ, but seems to be very commuter friendly while excellent for trips too. Enjoy!

Congrats!:clap: I've never ridden one but have always admired them. Seems like a great do it all bike. Nice specimen you've got there.

I rode one. It was a piece of crap. Supposedly the owner has done work to it since I pointed out what a piece of crap it was. I hear new tires and a brake bleed did wonders for my complaints. :D

Great! Now go spend a month reading the MEGA thread in the Bandit section... :-P

They do seem to be popular, especially for sport touring.

The tires did help, but my brakes still suck. I wonder if some new pads or a Brembo M/C would help, but that sounds like money.

I'm a bit surprised that the PO covered 34k miles without a single mod.

Thanks guys!

Chris, unlike Jasen, I have no issues with the brakes - but the front end needs some love (adjustment and grease intially, Gold Valves later).

This weekend will be working on the HD to get it sold, then new fluids and attention to ________ (unnamed bike ATM)...

Chris just likely needs pads and fluid change. Maybe some stainless lines. His bike was the one I was talking about. :D

Back