• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I Want a New Honda VFR!

Reaction score
There. I said it. I like the new 2014 Honda VFR. Reminds me a lot of my 2001.

Nice video here:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tEIk1gP7Eo"]2014 Honda VFR800F video - YouTube[/ame]

They could have ditched the VTEC. That said, I like it. I'd need to see one up close.

Just buy an older one, and save your money. They didnt change all that much to make it worth buying new.

I think they are planning on a DCT version too. 13-15K depending on what you get might be a bit much for some folks especially if they got burned when they payed close to MSRP on the old ones and then Honda dropped the price on them to move them out of the crates.

I rode an 08 recently with some decent mods. I didn't like the ride position, seat height, or the fact that I'd have to spend $700 for some bags. That is how I ended up on the FJR AE. The insurance was also cheaper.

I'm still hanging my hopes on a FJR900 with the triple engine. If they bring that in at around 12K, I'm probably a buyer.

Here's another video from MCN:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjHYVVnmAJQ"]New Honda VFR800 ridden | First ride | Motorcyclenews.com - YouTube[/ame]

And a longer review (it's in French though but there are some nice shots)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyTuYkDwR3k"]Essai Honda VFR 800 F : 28 ans et toujours au top ! - YouTube[/ame]

Just buy an older one, and save your money. They didnt change all that much to make it worth buying new.

I disagree. I had a 1997, a 2001, and a 2006 and they all were different. the 750 was by far the sportiest of the bunch.

The 2014 weighs almost 25 pounds less than the 2002-2009.

The heart wants what the heart wants! :)

Testify! I think it's beautiful and I'd ride it forever.

That said, I'm even more excited for the simpler and cheaper younger brother: CBR650F. Either way, I couldn't be happier with Honda right now.

I think it is Beautiful and really is the true sport touring machine.

It looks great IMHO. I think it should be more bike for the money though. If you can buy a 1000cc sportbike with mounds of power, top notch suspension/brakes, ABS, and TC for the similar amount of money(CBR1000RRSP w/Ohlins and Brembro or Aprillia RSV4). I just don't see the justification considering the new VFR lacks the power and I'm sure the suspension/brakes while not bad are not top notch either. I think the Ninja 1000 would stomp a hole in it and be at a similar comfort level. The Ninja is no Honda though. I would want more for that kind of money, I guess I'll wait for a used one...

It looks great IMHO. I think it should be more bike for the money though. If you can buy a 1000cc sportbike with mounds of power, top notch suspension/brakes, ABS, and TC for the similar amount of money(CBR1000RRSP w/Ohlins and Brembro or Aprillia RSV4). I just don't see the justification considering the new VFR lacks the power and I'm sure the suspension/brakes while not bad are not top notch either. I think the Ninja 1000 would stomp a hole in it and be at a similar comfort level. The Ninja is no Honda though. I would want more for that kind of money, I guess I'll wait for a used one...

As much as I'd like to root for any VFR, I have to agree.

You guys are looking at this all wrong. Honda ALWAYS charges more for similar bikes

Quality, fit and finish is far superior to the other bikes you mentioned - especially the Kawasaki. It's also a V4 which isn't cheap to manufacture.

Quality, fit and finish is far superior to the other bikes you mentioned - especially the Kawasaki. It's also a V4 which isn't cheap to manufacture.

Kawasaki, I can understand. Having owned an Aprilia, I would say the Italian marque give up little in quality, fit and finish to Honda. Where the Japanese make do with stamp metal or rough casting, the Italians use beautifully machined pieces that are practically objects of art.

The RSV4 has a glorious V4 also. One that is far more technically advanced, immensely more powerful, and lighter & more compact than Honda's venerable 781cc. APRC is leagues above Honda's relatively crude electronics aide package. Brand new RSV4 sells for $14.9k, and I've seen leftovers going for $12-$13k. If ape ever does a sport touring version of the RSV4, I'd jump on one in a heartbeat.

Even on premium bikes like the CBR1000RR SP, Honda slap on cheap rubber hoses... on Brembo Monoblocs, for crying out loud. Of all the Aprilias I have laid eyes on, I've yet to see anything other than SS braided hose as OEM.

I think this new VFR looks great and I am very tempted by it. Gosh, it's been a LONG time since I could say something like that about a VFR. Well done, Honda!

The RSV4 has a glorious V4 also. One that is far more technically advanced, immensely more powerful, and lighter & more compact than Honda's venerable 781cc. APRC is leagues above Honda's relatively crude electronics aide package. Brand new RSV4 sells for $14.9k, and I've seen leftovers going for $12-$13k. If ape ever does a sport touring version of the RSV4, I'd jump on one in a heartbeat.

If you get a chance and spot a VFR, just take a look at it up close: wiring looks great and there are lots of beautiful little details. I'm telling you , the VFR is apart from the rest.

There were great deals on leftover VFRs a few years back. For the money and quality, the VFR is pretty hard to be.

How did I miss this!? :scratch:

Profile looks like the older Triumph Sprint ST.
Glad they ditched some of the stupidness of the 1200. Hopefully the VTEC is more proper VTEC and not the "VTEC" from the '02-'09 models.

Here's another review: http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=29750

ETA: nevermind, it's still the same 2v-to-4v "VTEC" :rolleyes: At least they claim it's smoothed out.
ETA2: I'm really digging the white with the dark engine/wheels :drool:
2014-VFR800F-White-a.jpg

Last edited:
Ride the 1200. No further questions.

I had an 08 and I loved it, then I got my 1200dct. I haven't looked back.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Back