• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

23,000 mi out of a rear tire...is that possible

Reaction score
Katy......................... Cell# 832-72
I know you've heard of "Us"....."The Dark-Siders".......Just installed another run-flat tire on my Wing.....Yokahama Sport run-flat
Works well......."And No, we're not Crazy".....
90he.jpg

The most I've gotten out of a darkside tire was 27k miles, and it was sidewall sponginess- not tread wear- that necessitated the changeout. She just got a tad too smushy when leaned over under torque for my tastes.

Gf2kjkxh.jpg

dmPIqvHh.jpg

Mine is a GoodYear TripleTred Assurance 205/60/16. 70k tread lifetime warranty, excellent rain shedding characteristics, and a nicely symmetric tread pattern that is kinda cool looking. :)

The first one I saw in person was an out of state FJR.

The rider said he had no issues with cornering but admitted
it was more suitable for long stretches of IH travel thus
the reason he tried it.

My records are 29,587 on a Metzler Tourance front and 20,000 for a rear Metzler Tourance. Both on the R1150GS. Don't need no stink'n dark side tires to go a lot of miles.... :rider:

22,000+ on my last Pirelli runflat on the Wing. Still had lots of tread on the side but the center was wearing down.

20k+ is pretty standard for the new Michelin Commander II tires. 25k if pushed.

Back