• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Friday ride @ Rio

It is a complete kit sold by KTM. Includes everything you need. I am 45 years old,have raced mx and road offroad in general my whole life. This is my currant favorite bike of all time. 250 is nice but a 300sx reminds me more of an old school open class 2 stroke. It can be violent.

It is a complete kit sold by KTM. Includes everything you need. I am 45 years old,have raced mx and road offroad in general my whole life. This is my currant favorite bike of all time. 250 is nice but a 300sx reminds me more of an old school open class 2 stroke. It can be violent.

Can also be very mellow, your choice.

Its an SX300. It it was made to be feared.You can see it on action motorsports ktm home page or there face book. mine is the 13 with the orange frame and orange and black graphics with the number one, the first. the 14s there doing with purple graphics.

Anyone riding next Friday?
If I get motivated enough to install my sprockets I'll be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its an SX300. It it was made to be feared.You can see it on action motorsports ktm home page or there face book. mine is the 13 with the orange frame and orange and black graphics with the number one, the first. the 14s there doing with purple graphics.

My point is that the powerband can be adjusted with the depth and different springs in the PV mechanism. The fear level is the owners choice.

Coincidentally I just saw my first one for sale today. Looks very clean.
http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/4433732371.html

_

Does anyone ever ride Rio Saturday afternoon/evening?
How crowded is it. I'm not fast, and I don't like slowing others down.
I think I've got to work Friday and I have an event Saturday, until the afternoon, but I'm itching to ride. I was originally planning on the forest, but it's far and I don't like riding out there by myself in case something happens.

Does anyone ever ride Rio Saturday afternoon/evening?
How crowded is it. I'm not fast, and I don't like slowing others down.
I think I've got to work Friday and I have an event Saturday, until the afternoon, but I'm itching to ride. I was originally planning on the forest, but it's far and I don't like riding out there by myself in case something happens.

Yeah I'm considering riding Saturday afternoon. It will probably be packed, but I've gotten to where I prefer to ride with other types of riders. I think it makes you better, faster, and you can watch others take different lines, etc. And if you get hurt, people always around to help.

Yeah I'm considering riding Saturday afternoon. It will probably be packed, but I've gotten to where I prefer to ride with other types of riders. I think it makes you better, faster, and you can watch others take different lines, etc. And if you get hurt, people always around to help.

Yeah, I like to try and follow other riders, but too crowded and I feel like I'm in the way.
What time you thinking about getting out there?

If I head out there, it won't be unit 4:00 or later, and ride for a bit before they shut down for the day.

Cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, if it's not one thing, it's another.
Pulled the front wheel tonight to swap the from tire, and the bearings are in desperate need of replacing. It took me a little while and took some convincing to get them out.
Ordering new ones tonight or first thing in the morning.
That said, I doubt they'll be here in time to ride saturday. :(

Pulled the front wheel tonight to swap the from tire, and the bearings are in desperate need of replacing. It took me a little while and took some convincing to get them out.

Its okay. I hope you do make it out there. It might be a little until I get back out there.

Very likely any bearing house will have them and probably better quality.

They arrived yesterday. Pivot Works brand. Got the front done. Will do the back in the next day or so. Planning on riding Friday at Rio.

They arrived yesterday. Pivot Works brand. Got the front done. Will do the back in the next day or so. Planning on riding Friday at Rio.

Rode last saturday. Saw an older guy on a brand new KTM 350f completely launch himself over the back tabletop and over jump it. He landed so hard it bucked him off the bike. That was only his third lap since arriving. When he felt better, he loaded up and went home. Me and a couple other guys helped him.

Seems to me they don't prep the track on fridays, but they do saturdays. The night track was dry and slick.

Rode last saturday. Saw an older guy on a brand new KTM 350f completely launch himself over the back tabletop and over jump it. He landed so hard it bucked him off the bike. That was only his third lap since arriving. When he felt better, he loaded up and went home. Me and a couple other guys helped him.

Seems to me they don't prep the track on fridays, but they do saturdays. The night track was dry and slick.

Wow, I bet that hurt!
Yeah it's usually a little rough on Fridays, but that's the only day I've ever ridden out there so I guess I'm use to it. There have been times that we've had to dodge the bulldozer while riding on a Friday.
unfortunately there's rain in the forecast for Thursday and Friday :headbang:

Wow, I bet that hurt!
Yeah it's usually a little rough on Fridays, but that's the only day I've ever ridden out there so I guess I'm use to it. There have been times that we've had to dodge the bulldozer while riding on a Friday.
unfortunately there's rain in the forecast for Thursday and Friday :headbang:

Well come out Saturday. For now that is my only other 2nd day of riding/practice I can do.

Well come out Saturday. For now that is my only other 2nd day of riding/practice I can do.

I'll have to see what saturday looks like, but I doubt it.
The boy has a gymnastics thing and some of the grandmas are coming to town to watch. I'd be in hot water if I bailed on that to go ride :rofl:
I mostly ride Fridays, because I'm off, but the wife and kids are in school (she teaches), and that gives me saturday for family.
I work Sunday's so that's pretty much out.

Well, it appears that it's a moot point now. I just got an email the Rio is closed this Friday and Saturday for a mud run. :(

Back