• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Texas Dirty Map Project

OooooOooh! I have WD 40. It just feels like I lost dampening and there is an abruptness that ain't normal. Hasn't reached the point where it slows me down yet but even I can tell it is not right. And that takes a bit of doing.

I live in Graham and am constantly riding and looking for new non paved roads. Give me a shout if I can help in any way.

YEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! :clap:

what great work guys! :clap:

spent the last 2 days(afternoons) running the northern most sections of the project

yesterday i started in GREENWOOD & headed for SIVELL'S BEND

the first few miles are tarmac butt... that changed, DELIGHTFULLY, when i took off, from 455, on the ROSTON LOOP :thumb:

the loop provided some of most every kind of "off pavement" you could hope for :thumb:

crossed over 455, south of FORESTBURG

the hysterical marker, i found on VALENTINE BLUFF RD, marked where the BUTTERFIELD OVERLAND STAGE crossed thru the area

from FORESTBURG > ST JO & beyond made me promise myself to get back on the DR350

lotsa ups n downs & great scenery, if you slow down long enuff to enjoy it

up closer to SIVELL'S BEND a section of the river bottom road, cr408, was just TOO COOL

WATCH OUT FOR THE CATTLE GUARDS, they are not smooth, nor are they @ 90º to the roadway!

once i got to SIVELL'S BEND i burned up the tarmac back down fm1201, thru CAMP HOWZE, to GAINESVILLE, & on home

FYI, CAMP HOWZE was a WWll POW camp & there are a lot of old building footings & silos still there

this part of the route is SUPER & could be done in about a 1/2 day, making it perfect for a day trip out of DFW

today's route took me from SIVELL'S BEND > BOWIE, along the RED RIVER

SIVELL'S BEND, BULCHER, ILLINOIS BEND, SPANISH FORT, HINDS CITY, RED RIVER STATION, RINGGOLD, BELCHERVILLE & BOWIE

when you get to BULCHER, you will see the RED BULL LAST MAN STANDING BARN, on your right

it is on RED RIVER MOTORCYCLE TRAILS' property and is where THE LAST MAN STANDING was held, in '05, '06 & '07

http://www.redrivermotorcycletrails.com/park-legacy/red-bull-last-man-standing

once i passed SPANISH FORT, the route got SPORTY

the area is very sandy & the roads are no exception

RED RIVER STATION is where the great cattle drives crossed the river, into the OKLAHOMA TERRITORY

there is a CHISHOLM TRAIL MARKER on the route

securedownload_zps5a846d7f.jpg

turn right, along the tree line, about 1/4 mile and there is a granite marker honoring the site

several sections on the route have grass growing in the middle of the roads, even after being groomed :lol2:

some of the grooming left enuff evidence to tell me I DON'T WANT TO BE THERE DURING OR JUST AFTER A RAIN

south of US 82 & before i got into BOWIE, i ran thru an area that was part of the great fires, a few years ago

the folks doing the routing are doing A MASTERFUL JOB :clap:

sw

The area of great fires sw mentioned is something to behold. Y'all are gonna love that section of road (it is special ) as we watch nature do her thing over the next decade and reclaim the land.

Many thanks to sw. He found a locked gate on an alternate and found that 2 alternates were preferable to the route I had vetted. That's the way it's done. And as to the sand up north . It ain't that bad. And I hate sand. I can ride it. I just hate it. :;

In other news, scouts are out this weekend. GPS work has begun. I am having fits with Rally Navigator. Grrrrrrr.

I have extended the route below IH20 on the west and hooked it up to the eastern leg to make it a stand alone rideable loop. The connector is just a few miles so 99% is the real deal.

Want to hear the damage? lol
I ain't real big on leaving out good stuff so......if you do the 47 miles that the Steal Easy Option adds to the East and the 67 miles that the Fort Griffin option adds to the West, you have 830 miles. Yup. A svelte 830. A nice, athletic, tight 8-3-0. Miles.

Jeebus . Out of control.

A svelte 830. A nice, athletic, tight 8-3-0. Miles.

Jeebus . Out of control.

That's only 2 days of riding... 2 looooong days of riding. Got some hot springs at the end of it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

3y2a2eby.jpg

Scouts are out! Here's one from Don Q. Need to make a patch. He's headed up to Edge Road. Edge of the Earth is more like it . ;)

Scouts are out! Here's one from Don Q. Need to make a patch. He's headed up to Edge Road. Edge of the Earth is more like it . ;)

Ain't that the truth. It's a little slice of BIBE transplanted to North TX.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

lol. Can't wait for the report. Gonna be needing riders in or willing to ride San Saba, Llano, DeLeon, Brady, Menard, Junction, Eldorado , Sonora, Ozona, Sheffield, Barnhart, Iraan. Let's get this thing finished before it is too hot to ride it!

Muchos gracias, señor. Check with your local riders for even better choices !! I know they are out there. Thanks, Robert.

Back