• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Kids, don't try this at home.

Tracker

post tenebras lux
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
:lol2:

2011-12-21%25252013.29.20.jpg

The small plastic center tube (assuming it's prevents stray light scatter) popped out of place on my cheap 18-55 kit lens. I got it all back into place except for the last step and the little white wire broke loose from a solder spot. :tears: There's an amazing amount of electronics and mechanicals packed into one of those things.

Cool, now you have an even better reason for upgrading to a new lens. :clap:

:mrgreen: my cheapskate nature won't let me give up on fixing it even if I replace it (which I sorta did with the 12-24) Your QR code thing is kinda cool, but I called 555-555-5555 and got invalid #. :nana:

Hit it with a MIG welder to your satisfaction, then go out and get a nice piece of f2.8 glass

yes, waiting to get my hands on a soldering iron. All my tools are still in-between.

I like that mug.

Out of stock on Amazon, but they have a thermos version of a larger lens and some nikon versions.

miracle of miracles--it works! I was able to solder the little white wire back on today. :clap: And I only lost one screw, floating somewhere in the parallel universe with missing socks. :doh:

I always say, people with VERY small hands have to build this stuff :lol2:

miracle of miracles--it works! I was able to solder the little white wire back on today. :clap: And I only lost one screw, floating somewhere in the parallel universe with missing socks. :doh:

Congratulations on the fix...

Re: the missing screw - If you shake the lens, does it rattle? lol.....

I bought my wife the 70-200 travel mug for Christmas. It really does look real from a couple feet away.

lensmug3.jpg

cool, HiSPL. I think I'm going to have to get me one of those.

Congratulations on the fix...

Re: the missing screw - If you shake the lens, does it rattle? lol.....

I found it with a super-magnet after about 20 minutes on my hands & knees. :giveup:

it's going to be a very boring show (the show's over) :mrgreen:

Back