• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

[Ride Report] East Texas ride for Brian Montgomery

Texas T

LD Rider
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
I'll let others throw their comments and photos in here but here's one to get us started. This is at the "quickie mart" in downtown New Waverly about 9 am this morning.

0514-03.jpg

Other photos & comments can be found HERE.

It was a GREAT ride. The weather was good - although a bit warm at times. The love bugs are just now starting to make themselves known by committing suicide against our helmets, and the turtles are doing their annual cross-the-road migration so you do have to watch out for them.

The roads were fair to great, and you know how Scott can't resist a little dirt under the tires... well, one of the roads just up and decided to change from paved to dirt about a mile or so from where it connects to the next road. All was well and everyone negotiated it fine including Mike on the Hayabusa. :shock: :-)

Food at the Texas Star Cafe was good and Beth and Sarah got to meet us there for lunch. Sarah was in an exceptionally good mood today with lots of smiles for everyone (including daddy). :-D

And what can I say about the company I had to ride with today? Just another example of the great folks from TWT. TWiTs, one and all! :mrgreen:

Thanks for the guide, Scott; I had a great time.

:tab Man... that was a lame excuse for the max speed... :roll: :-P I CERTAINLY was not moving that fast!! Things start falling off my bike if I try to go that fast, hehe. Nice pics! I can't believe we forgot to get a good group shot of all of us together... doh!

Adios,

Man, what a ride...!! Plenty of winding roads, nice scenery, wheels on the chiken strips and adrenaline high in the blood. What else could a rider ask for ?
Next time, let's make it a double...:chug:
Thanks Scott for the skilled guiding and all fellow riders for the good company.
Ernesto

Tourmeister said:
:tab Man... that was a lame excuse for the max speed... :roll: :-P I CERTAINLY was not moving that fast!! Things start falling off my bike if I try to go that fast, hehe. Nice pics! I can't believe we forgot to get a good group shot of all of us together... doh!

Adios,
I know I wasn't up to that level either as I've only had it to about 110 indicated in the past and I was nowhere near that on Saturday. Besides, my mom reads my web pages and I need to keep her in mind when I write them. ;-)

I've got my GPS set to the lowest refresh rate, so it does have an impact on the data displayed.

You took some shots at lunch of the group, didn't you?

Ernesto, if you want to get the adrenaline pumping you need to go ride with Leon some day on the west county roads. Whooo! Make sure you bring bail money with you! :oops: :-D

Howdy,

Here are the few shots I got. Smack us for not getting a good group shot before we left the Shell station :roll:

DSC03687.JPG

DSC03688.JPG

DSC03689.JPG

DSC03690.JPG

All the bikes lined up at the Texas Star Cafe in Colmesneil - minus one rider that had to cut out early.
DSC03691.JPG

Mike, Kristen, Shannon, Brian, Jan on the left, Howard way back in the back, Don, Randy and Ernesto in front - Beth not pictured because she had not arrived yet.
DSC03692.JPG

Myself and my angel ;-)
DSC03693.JPG

We thought we had lost Don, who thought he had lost Shannon. Everyone was accounted for and we resumed our riding.
DSC03694.JPG

:tab I had a great time. The weather was so nice I really wanted to just keep going but my rear tire was getting iffy... Those poor knobbies just don't last real long on the pavement :shrug:

Adios,

I got to meet Randy (rjs) today. I like how his GS is set up. Well done, sir.

Hopefully we can find the irritating buzzing noise and fix it so you will love us and buy things. :twisted:

Back