• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sargent seat

Might try their website when it's back on. I just tried and not getting a response from them.
But, it's the same as any custom seat builder. Pictures of you on your bike, stats on you. Many of the high end places don't do the seat pans for different bikes so you have to send your seat in. At least that's the way it was with the few I've tried.

Try Laam Custom Seats. Seth was awesome to work with and I like it much better the Sargent. So much so, I sold the Sargent seat. Here is a link

http://laamseats.com/

The price was under $300. Lots of happy people. I love it. You can kind of see it in the following pictures.

DSC05239_zpse1b08a8b.jpg

DSC05240_zps43239681.jpg

Swagfu,
What seat pan does Seth use for the Bandit?
I have a Sargent Seat on my Bandit and would like to move the pocket back one inch.
I have a Corbin on my 2003 FZ1 and it fits me perfectly.
The Bandit seat is shorter than the FZ1.
If you can find someone to build a seat to your butt, that is best.

Attachments

• IMG_5939.jpg
    IMG_5939.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 204
Swagfu,
What seat pan does Seth use for the Bandit?
I have a Sargent Seat on my Bandit and would like to move the pocket back one inch.
I have a Corbin on my 2003 FZ1 and it fits me perfectly.
The Bandit seat is shorter than the FZ1.
If you can find someone to build a seat to your butt, that is best.

I sent my stock seat to him and he used it. I am not sure if ever uses another manufactures seat pan. Honestly, you can call him or email him and he will tell you. I emailed him several times and talked on the phone 3 or 4 times. Great guy and understands all the questions.

I bought my Bandit 1250 and it came with a Regular height Sargent Seat. I've never liked it. Yesterday I peeled the cover back and see that they only gave me a half space for my Butt. And I pushed the rear back 1" and shaped it for my Butt. I removed about 1/2" Foam in the seat. I'm leaving for Glacier Park next week and may re-address the seat.

Attachments

• IMG_7340.jpg
    IMG_7340.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_7342.jpg
    IMG_7342.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_7341.jpg
    IMG_7341.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_7344.jpg
    IMG_7344.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Nothing like a few thousand miles in the saddle to prove or hate choices in seats and mods to seats. I did the same to a stock seat on my '82 XV920RH Yamaha and next day, left South Louisiana for Pike's Peak. Lucky for me, it was all good in the hind end department. LOL I was also 34 yrs younger then.

45 yrs ago this August, I strapped my Army Duffle Bag to my 1969 Suzuki 350cc 2-stroke and headed 1400 miles, from Newport News, VA to Rural Kansas. I had a 3/4 Helmet, my Army coat and Army gloves.
No flat tire repair kit or tools beyond the tool kit. The Bike had Tube tires and a 3 gallon fuel tank. The seat was flat.
I was 21 yrs old, fit as a fiddle and 50lb. lighter:rider:
Never thought about the seat. My next Duty Station was Vietnam.

Attachments

• 56.jpg
    56.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 207
  • 57.jpg
    57.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
I've had Corbins on a number of bikes, and have always been comfortable with them. My current bike is a R1150R, which came with a standard and low seat; I'm over six feet, so the low seat was out of the question; standard height was fair; then bought a BMW high seat for the bike; it was not good. Ordered a Sargent, although I only have a thousand or so miles on it; it felt good from the first and I'm looking forward to a nice long autumn shakedown ride on it.

Back