• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Used Bandit Prices

Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Chesley
Wow! Was really thinking of selling my old bandit and KLR and going with just one of the newer 650 single adventure type bike this winter. But have not been seeing Bandits going for much over 2000 in the bidding on Ebay. Hate to think what the bidding would be on my old beat up , high mileage bike.
Been offered at least 2500 bucks for trade in before I prettied up the wheels. LOL.
Wonder how prices are fairing in the rest of the US on used Bandit 1250s.

I just talked to a guy who bought a 1 owner 07 1250 with a little less than 5k on it, loaded with Givi bags and mounts, Givi top trunk, Yoshimura slip on and a bunch of other accessories, and he said the bike looks brand new, and he paid $4200 for it

Above the norm at present. Some of the bikes on Ebay are less than 5000 and cherry and not getting bids of over 2100. I can just imagine they would really laugh at my scarred up hi mileage mount. ;-)

Bandits resale value is the bandits curse. Not many demand when new in dealers lot and no demand when selling used either.
Only thing is a good trade.

74,000 miles is a lot riding. I feel you have gotten your money's worth out of it. It's paid it's way. They won't give you what it's worth when trading in but that may the most painless way to relinquish ownership. I was offered $5,000 at a dealership on my Bandit with 2,500 miles 18 months ago. Six months earlier I had paid $7,500 for it. The way Bandits sell the dealership may have offered too much for it.

I hear that Robert. I was offered 3300 in San Antonio for a Husky Terra but they had jacked up the 7000 list to near 9000 with taxes, shipping, assemble and other stuff to get their money back.
Bad thing is where I live, not many dealerships any more on any bike I would want at this time in my life. It would be a single 650 lighter than my '00 KLR and that only leaves the DR650SE without traveling a hundred miles or more. The Gen 2 KLRs are heavier than the Gen 1 so that's out. But, not in a hurry, maybe one of the dealers will take in a trade that might interest me. ;-)

Certain perfectly fine bikes are just undervalued by the market. I'm looking hard at getting a used Bandit or FZ1 for that very reason.

Yup... used Bandit prices are hard on the seller but there is another side to the coin. Paid $7,300.00 new and that works out to a nickel a mile - - - and getting lower. Lots of smiles for every nickel.

Never thought to figure out just how much it cost to run my bandit per mile. Heck, Not ever sure what I paid for it. But, the street price, licence fees, Insurance, tires, chains, sprockets , windshields, seat and other modifacations, Givi luggae, engine bar, oil and filters, fork oil, grease, bearings and last but not least Gasoline. I'm sure it was way more that 5 cents a mile. Probably closer to .25 to .30 cents per mile.
But, enjoyed every mile cept when I crashed in Texas last year avoiding a deer. Sigh!

But, the street price, licence fees, Insurance, tires, chains, sprockets , windshields, seat and other modifacations, Givi luggae, engine bar, oil and filters, fork oil, grease, bearings and last but not least Gasoline. I'm sure it was way more that 5 cents a mile.

Killjoy.... :rofl:

And no, I wasn't including any of that stuff. :doh:

Without all the STUFF about about 7000 for the bike and an actually 75+ thousand miles on it about 9.3 cents a mile. Yep, It has paid for it's self in spades. I lost the paperwork from when buying the Bandit but I traded an '07 DL1000 that I bought for 7400 and put 30,000 or so miles on it before trading it on the Bandit. Took a beating on it but just didn't like some things about the DL so it had to go.
The KLR was around 4000 and 38000 on it equals about 10.5 cents per mile. We don't wanna talk about my older BMW,s , DR and DRZs and stuff. They were in the 16 to 20 cents a mile. Yikes Wonder why I left BMW and went Suzuki?

Back