• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Why isn't this available here

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Brown
This version of the 1250 looks fantastic, and much better than the FA IMHO, so I can't understand why Suzuki isn't bringing it to the US, as they should replace the US FA with this model.

https://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/motorcycles/motorcycles/adventure-sports-touring/gsxf/gsx1250fa-z/

suzuki-gsx1250fa-z_600x0w.jpg

Suzuki%20GSX%201250FAZ%20Special%20Edition%2015%20%202.jpg

Re: Why isn't available here

I really enjoy my FA (22K+ miles) and the black doesn't show dirt, but , wow, that white/blue color combo is awesome.

If Suzuki wants to make a dent in the FA market, they need to support ergonomic mods for larger riders. I would suggest the following changes:
Stroke motor to 1600 cc, slow to 7500 rpm max, add hydraulic valve lifters.
Belt drive.
1 throttle body.
Extra length wire bundles to ease handle bar extensions.
Mounting points for crash bars/highway pegs.
Increased foot peg and shift lever adjustment ranges.

Not going to happen, but one can hope.

Tom

Very nice,another tempting bike. Add factory color coded saddle bags and rear rack or top case and it would be a candidate to replace the Connie. Some times it seems like we Americans are so particular on bikes,they do not bring some over here that they are not sure about market wise. The ZRX was a kick **** bike and they don't sell it here anymore. It has a cult like following and rightfully so. Bottom line is it is all about money.

Last edited by a moderator:

As much as I'm not a fan of white (to each his own) I do like the old Wes Cooley special GS-1000 colors. Plus there's something to be said for actually seeing the motor....;-)

Wes-Cooley-rep-static-011_zpsa3bf41fa.jpg

As much as I'm not a fan of white (to each his own) I do like the old Wes Cooley special GS-1000 colors. Plus there's something to be said for actually seeing the motor....;-)

Wes-Cooley-rep-static-011_zpsa3bf41fa.jpg

Your on to something here Tundra. Put the quarter fairing on it Suzuki and I am sold. The gold wheels would be nice also. Now which bike to trade in?

I just wonder how much hassle/expense it would be to buy the fairing assy and brackets to convert? Of course that mean the new headlight assy and probably building your own wiring harness for the new stuff also.
But, I remember back in my younger , aggressive days. LOL! Building my own wiring harness from scratch for a super light street XT500 Yamaha .
MyXT5001978.jpg

Well, here's the proof that the fairing on the FA-Z is different that the FA's, which you can plainly tell by looking at the pictures in these two links, and IMHO, I think the FA-Z's fairing has much better lines than the FA's.

The FA.
https://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/motorcycles/motorcycles/adventure-sports-touring/gsxf/gsx1250fa/

The FA-Z
https://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/motorcycles/motorcycles/adventure-sports-touring/gsxf/gsx1250fa-z/

Honestly when I toggle back and forth between the two they are the same fairing. The colors are so vastly different they look like different fairings.The cutouts and bulges are identical.

Ya, I pretty much figured out that it was just due to the shading between the two colors that makes the fairing look like its shaped differently, and Suzuki would not spend the money making up a special fairing for only one model, but still, it is amazing how the different color and paint scheme drastically changes the look of basically the same bike.

But I like this paint scheme ever better.

14992106583_87ca85e94c_o.jpg

Back